- Full Time
Office Manager (Permanent and full-time)
South Bristol Youth is a positive, progressive and energetic charity that works with schools and families to prepare young people for a successful future.
We require someone with:
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent organisational, time management and interpersonal skills
• An ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team and who has experience of working from home (position is home based)
• Excellent IT skills, some knowledge of databases and knowledge of digital platforms and marketing
• 3-4 years of working in a similar role for a charity, a school or a youth organisation
• An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
Duties & Responsibilities – Core Tasks 1. CEO & Team Support
• Ensure the smooth running of the Chief Executive’s diary.
• Assist with meeting preparation including preparation of relevant papers.
• Organise and minute a variety of meetings including SBY team meetings.
• Provide the SBY team with organisational and administrative support when and where necessary, to ensure the smooth running of the programmes i.e. booking venues, organising training.
• Organise Team meetings. 2. South Bristol Youth Board Support
• Organise and minute Board meetings in conjunction with the Chair of Trustees and the CEO.
• Organise and minute Board sub-groups in conjunction with the Chair of Trustees and the CEO.
• Liaison with the Company Secretary about statutory obligations to the Charity Commission and Trustee related appointments.
Provide Business Support
• Management of service providers, including insurance, IT, database support.
• Contract management of suppliers, partners and providers.
• Liaison with the IT provider and management of their services.
Manage HR and Recruitment
• Management of recruitment processes including advertising, interviews and appointment paperwork.
• Management of staff contracts and communications and liaison with all staff on personnel matters and pension related matters.
• Administration of and liaison with freelance and contract staff.
• Maintain and ensure that clear and comprehensive personnel records are kept for all members of staff including freelance and supply staff. Records need to be kept securely in a locked cabinet in the home office. 5. Digital and non-Digital Communications
• Management and production of the Annual Report and accounts.
• Management and production of South Bristol Youth’s annual Impact Report.
• Manage South Bristol Youth’s website, working closely with staff on other e-communications. 6. Database
• Manage the smooth running of the database in conjunction with the Safeguarding Advisor.
• Manage the Finance and Database Officer and the Data Administrator.
• Manage the safe and secure storage of archived student paperwork.
• Organise team events.
• Maintain the equipment register.
• Manage the SBY storage unit.
• Manage printing requirements and purchase supplies and equipment.
Close date: (18th April, interviews on 10th May)