Learning and Development Consultant
Our Journey and Vision
First Utility Group is a challenger energy and broadband provider, operating as a wholly owned subsidiary group of the Shell Petroleum Company Limited (Shell). Currently serving approximately 825,000 homes, the company launched in 2008 to provide an alternative to the incumbent energy providers with lower-priced energy, great customer service and innovative technology. Over the last ten years it has also helped customers waste less energy through the use of innovative technology that gives insight into individual usage and greater control.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We're looking for a Collections Manager to join our team to help us continue to make that difference.
Your part in our Journey
Our wide and varied teams across the First Utility business all play a critical part in delivering our customer
experience and proposition, thats why this role is so critical in ensuring that we develop the capability of
our non-customer facing teams to play their part in delivering an excellent customer experience.
Your part in the team
- Accountable for all areas of non volume delivery, including induction and ongoing development required across the business area. Additionally responsible for leading on company wide roll outs (such as new system launches)
- Carry out training needs analysis activities, in conjunction with the capability framework to identify gaps and areas of development to form the overall delivery plan, supporting the 70:20:10 model.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a delivery plan, focusing on all aspects on the employee journey which maps into the overall Learning and Development strategy.
- Ensure that project are planned and organised to deliver on the rest of business delivery plan.
- Design and delivery of learning initiatives to support the successful implementation of the delivery plan.
- Support the design and implementation of the capability framework for non volume areas of the business.
- Continually review, adapt and adjust the plan to meet and deliver on changing business requirements, working closely with stakeholders to make sure the plan is fit for purpose.
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across non volume teams, supporting and influencing where appropriate.
- Work closely with peers across learning and development team to flex and support with resource and expertise on work outside of customer operations area.
- Keep up to date with trends and new innovations in learning that may support best in class delivery.
- What you'll need to help you make the best of the role
? Experience of creating a strategy or roadmap to deliver on.
? Previous strong planning and problem-solving skills.
? Self-motivated, positive and able to act as a credible ambassador for both the department and
? Strong strategic thinker able to execute innovative ideas.
? Comfortable with presenting to and influencing a variety of stakeholders across the organisation.
? Able to manage multiple projects at all stages.
? Ability to create momentum and inspire others.
? Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
? Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
? Knowledge of current thinking and trends related to L&D, OD, wellbeing and engagement.
Whats in it for you
- Family Friendly
- Company maternity /adoption pay - 26 weeks full pay, followed by 13 weeks statutory pay for eligible employees.
- Two weeks full paternity pay
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Agile Working/Working from Home where appropriate
- Staff Tariffs
- Development Opportunities
- Mentoring Scheme
- Apprenticeship Schemes
- Training and Coaching
- Development Portal to access development material and share experiences
- Exclusive Retail Discounts (from nearly 900 retailers)
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) and Holiday Trading Scheme
- Quarterly Team Socials
- Platform to access healthy meal ideas, exercise videos and mindfulness tips
- Access to impartial financial advice
- E-cards to share thanks with colleagues
- A fresh start to the week with free fresh fruit, every Monday
- Charity events to support our charity partner NSPCC
- Trim Trail onsite
- Ample free onsite parking
- Modern, vibrant offices
- Den with sofas, PS4 and table football
- Onsite restaurant with hot and cold menu and pizza order service
- Barista style coffee bar with hot and cold snacks
- Smart/Casual Dress
Find out more???
Visit our Glassdoor Company Page to see what our colleagues say about life at First Utility.
At First Utility, we're committed to ensuring the privacy and security of your personal data. Following your application with us, please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice which sets out the personal data that we collect about you when you apply for a vacancy with us, including how and why we process it, who we share it with and your rights and choices. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.