5 days left
- Full Time
Due to continued business growth we have an opportunity for additional fitters to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will work with the fitting supervisors, team leaders and wider fitting team to assist and deliver on all the mechanical products that require serviced or repaired.
The ideal candidate will carry out all aspects and process of the service and repair of rotating electrical machinery from the dismantling and inspecting of the product to the reassembly and testing.
- Overhaul, service and maintain electrical rotating machinery
- Dismantle and assemble traction motors
- Electrically test armature and stator windings and other associated components
- Mechanically and dimensionally check shaft journals, machined surfaces and bearing housings
- Clean and paint parts
- Light test run traction motors
- Populate associated paper work and route cards
- To ensure all product meets the quality and delivery requirements of the customer
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with individual work specifications
- Carry out all planned work set out by your supervisor at daily briefings and in the specific time scale set
- Work with supervisor and team leader to maintain and enhance process flow improvements to every aspect of the business unit’s work types
- To ensure your work area is clean and tidy
- To ensure you abide by all H&S rules and regulations
- To ensure all paperwork is completed to the required standard
- Ad hoc duties as required to meet business demands
Typical qualities of the successful candidate will include
- Time served apprentice in a relevant field
- 5 x GCSEs
- BTEC ONC Mechanical or equivalent
- Can carry out both mechanical fitting and rewinding of electrical motors
- Time served turner/machinist
- Coded MIG welder
To find out more, download the Mechanical Fitter recruitment pack on our website: https://www.houghton-international.com/career/mechanical-fitters/
If you feel you have the required knowledge and experience and would like to apply for this role then please forward your CV to email@example.com.
Houghton International is recruiting now for mechanical fitters alongside a number of other roles.
To learn more about the careers available visit our website
Learn more at our recruitment open morning 23rd March 2019, 9am-12pm
Register to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org