Editor - Life Science Journals
Cambridge University Press has opportunities available for an Editor - Life Science Journals to join our team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £28,981 - £34,197 per annum plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to our Editor - Life Science Journals:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the Editor - Life Science Journals role:
We are looking for an Editor to support the development of the STM Life Sciences journal programme. Through excellent relationship management and as a key member of a dedicated team you will oversee the growth of a number of Cambridge and proprietor-owned journals in line with their development objectives, and in the framework of an annually revised strategic plan.
You will attend a number of international conferences to manage Editorial Board meetings where you will present reports. You will negotiate contracts and financial arrangements with Society partners and academic editors, and work with a range of in-house colleagues to both coordinate the delivery of agreed objectives and contribute to the development of our business models and services.
What we are looking for in our Editor - Life Science Journals:
- Educated to at least degree level (higher degree preferable) or equivalent, ideally in the life sciences
- Proven project management competencies
- Experience of working in an STM publishing environment is ideal (or relative academic background, with knowledge of the peer-review process )
- Experience of managing a range of journals
- Outstanding attention to detail and highly organised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholder groups across the business
- Enthusiastic and capable of working independently within a global team
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th March
Why not click ‘apply’ now? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Editor - Life Science Journals.