Programme Management Officer (Finance) - Council
Job Title: Programme Management Officer (Finance)
Location: Walsall Borough
Salary: £35,795 - £40,454 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Contract (Until March 2021)
Closing date: Sunday 17th March 2019
Building on the successful administration of over £150 million of funding allocated to the Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) during the past 4 years. The Council has been appointed as its single Accountable Body, taking responsibility for all future funding allocated to the LEP from the 1st April 2019.
They are looking for the following officers to join a dynamic team responsible for a range of tasks including; negotiating and agreeing contracts and grant agreements with the public and private sectors, associated claim and payment processes, compiling programme cash-flow forecasts together with on-going monitoring and compliance.
You will play a lead role in delivering and promoting excellent financial management across the programme, together with the ongoing maintenance of effective working relationships with a wide range of external partners, including the private and public sectors.
You will need to demonstrate a clear understanding of public sector financing and compliance, together with effective programme management skills. If you have exceptional attention to detail, build effective and collaborative relationships and are resourceful, resilient and highly motivated, they would welcome your application.
- Working across the Black Country with senior managers, politicians, LEP board members and applicants to the Growth Deal, to ensure that appropriate key priorities are understood captured and set out, so that the work required in their delivery is focused / undertaken
- Draft any required processes and procedural documents for the administration / compliance by key partners and stakeholders associated with the administration of external / internal funding arrangements that run through the Joint Committee process
- Responsible for the effective scheduling, calling and administration of the required finance meetings with key partners and stakeholders
- Monitoring all financial spend, reporting on all variances / issues and opportunities
- Taking remedial action as required
- The effective administration of all internal accounting processes and ordering procedures as required
- The effective production of claims for external funding (ESF / ERDF etc.) in accordance with terms and conditions to ensure income is maximised etc.
- Excellent networking, advocacy, oral and presentation skills with the ability to persuade and influence
- A commitment to achieving excellence in service provision / delivery
- Significant experience in a public or private sector organisation with clear evidence of success in the delivery of effective financial administration
- Excellent experience in the production of detailed / complex financial reports, action plans, and briefing notes
- The ability to work independently with the minimum of supervision
- Educated to degree level with accountancy qualifications or possessing equivalent experience within the fields
- Holding a project management qualification (e. Prince 2) or equivalent experience within the field of financial / programme / project management and its techniques
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Team Assistant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Credit Controller, Purchase Ledger Administrator, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Assistant Accountant may also be considered for this role.