Finance and Compliance Monitoring Officer - Council
Job Title: Finance and Compliance Monitoring Officer
Location: Walsall Borough
Salary: £28,768 - £32,808 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Contract (Until March 2021)
Closing date: Sunday 17th March 2019
Building on the successful administration of over £150 million of funding allocated to the Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) during the past 4 years. The Council has been appointed as its single Accountable Body, taking responsibility for all future funding allocated to the LEP from the 1st April 2019.
They are looking for the following officers to join a dynamic team responsible for a range of tasks including; negotiating and agreeing contracts and grant agreements with the public and private sectors, associated claim and payment processes, compiling programme cash-flow forecasts together with on-going monitoring and compliance.
You will assist in leading the day-to-day; accounting, administration of significant programmes and projects, including; auditing partners funding claims, monitoring compliance against agreed outcomes, preparing financial reports and working with corporate finance colleagues in the approval of prepared claims for payment.
You will need a strong track record in public sector financing and compliance, monitoring processes and frameworks, and the ability to manage a demanding workload and complex relationships. If you are an excellent administrator with exceptional attention to detail and are resourceful, resilient and highly motivated they would welcome your application.
- Develop new relationships with delivery partners to ensure a good level of financial intelligence is available on each of the appropriate projects
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders internal and external and delivery partners; Government Departments and with Black Country wide Cabinet Portfolio Holders
- Oversee the tracking, co-ordination and preparation of Audit and Financial Compliance visits including preparation of documentation and attendance to record visit notes
- Support the financial review of submissions, resolution of clarifications as part of the due diligence process for each of the relevant work-stream leads
- Monitor and review the financial quality and effectiveness of the projects to improve performance and ensure best value for stakeholders, suggesting improvements as appropriate
- Continuously review and develop local systems and processes to ensure the service meets corporate and locally set quality standards
- Good understanding of coordinating and managing the implementation of complex financial projects and effective processes to deliver a programme of works
- Knowledge of Local Government, Social, Economic Development and Regeneration Issues
- Experience of national/government funding streams in a financial or contracting capacity
- Experience of forecasting and monitoring projects
- Excellent networking and advocacy skills with the ability to persuade and influence
- Experience of producing reports and action plans and presenting these at both formal and informal (internal and external) meetings
- Degree/HND or an equivalent financial related NVQ Level 4 or equivalent experience
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Conduct and Compliance Lead, Quality Administrator, Quality Control, Audit Administrator, Compliance Lead, QC Manager, Quality Assurance Administrator, Quality Control Coordinator, Compliance Administrator, Quality Control Operator, Quality Assurance Assistant, Conduct & Compliance Coordinator, Assistant Auditor, Quality Assistant, Quality Control Development, Audit Assistant, Internal Auditor, Compliance Assistant, Quality Administrator, Quality Control Inspector, Compliance Supervisor, Conduct Analyst, Quality Control Analyst, Compliance Analyst may also be considered for this role.