ParkerSteel is the largest independent steel stockholders & processors in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff.
If you would like to join a vibrant, progressive and innovative company, we have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, self-motivated Crane Engineer to join our busy Maintenance team at Canterbury. The role will also be required to travel to our other sites on a periodic basis therefore your own transport is a must.
You will be required to conduct routine service inspections to overhead cranes therefore you will need an understanding of LOLER and PUWER. You will need to anticipate the problems before they occur. You will be involved in front line maintenance by attending to emergency breakdowns. You will also be expected to carryout fault finding, retrofits, modernisations and upgrades to the Company’s cranes and hoists.
• Experience of working within the crane industry
• Apprenticed served in either electrics/mechanics or hydraulics/mechanics
• Experience of commissioning and fault finding on electro-mechanical and/or hydro mechanical systems
• Be willing to work on their own or within a team
• IT literate and be able to write reports
• UK driving licence
• Have the ability to read schematics and engineering drawings then translate this into practice
• Have the ability to problem solve and think out of the box
• Be able to work at heights
• Crane industry or Liebherr/MacGregor/Hagglund/IHI/MHI/Tsuji/LMG trained.
• An in depth knowledge of preventative maintenance.
Terms and Conditions
• Competitive salary for the right candidate
• Monday to Friday
• Life insurance/DIS
• Pension scheme
• Perkbox membership
• Employee discount schemes