Term Time Only plus 5 INSET days plus 5 additional days
JG7 SCP 24 £27,905 - 27 £30,507 pa pro rata
Actual annual salary £24,832 - plus contributory pension scheme
Gordano School is a large and highly successful 11-18 comprehensive secondary school approximately eight miles outside Bristol. We are very proud to be the sole secondary school serving the thriving town of Portishead, and benefit greatly from being a central part of our community.
We view education as something bigger than just academic achievement. We are proud of our considerable academic success, but believe that an education should be about preparing young people for their future lives in a complete sense. As well as consistently positive Progress 8 and Level 3 Value Added outcomes at GCSE and A Level respectively we place great emphasis on student leadership, an unparalleled extra-curricular programme and student progression to their next steps in a wide range of academic or vocational routes.
We value our membership of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership, the North Somerset Teaching Alliance and our role as a Teaching School in delivering high quality support and development for colleagues, both new to the profession and more established.
We were judged Outstanding in all categories in our last Ofsted inspection in 2012, but, just as importantly, seek to be a very happy school for our students and staff.
To provide a comprehensive and professional library and information service to students and staff throughout the school in order to aid teaching and learning and increase reading for pleasure:
- Work closely with the Deputy Head for Learning and Standards to lead Gordano School in promoting the cultural, social and academic benefits of reading to all students.
- Proactively take the lead on whole school initiatives to increase the numbers of students regularly reading for pleasure, including specific groups such as high-attaining students and PP students.
- Work with the Deputy Head and Faculty postholders in leading staff to embed whole school initiatives within the pastoral and academic systems as necessary, including boosting the amount of reading done in lessons across the curriculum.
- Lead on a range of promotions and events to delight and excite a wide range of students, including author visits, displays around the school, assemblies, competitions, reading groups, trips etc, in collaboration with the Aspire Coordinator and Deputy Head.
- Manage a smooth-running, useful and inspiring library space within budget
Gordano School offers an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping), child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and on-site parking. As a Teaching School we also offer support to staff looking for career progression.
For more information including job details and an application form, please visit our website by clicking apply.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 20 March 2019
Interviews: w/c 25 March 2019
Gordano School supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all successful applicants.