- Full Time
Volunteer Cornwall is a county-wide organisation, supporting the development of people and communities through voluntary action.
One Vision Community Development Workers
These posts are full time for 37½ hours per week to 31 March 2021
and attracts a salary of £21,074 p.a.
with an essential car user allowance of £600 p.a.
We have 3 exciting positions for One Vision Community Development Workers to work in Localities 2, 4 and 5 within Cornwall to increase the numbers of children and families being helped and supported by their local voluntary and community groups.
These positions are funded by Cornwall Council: Children, Schools and Families and aim to build on the excellent work carried out by Volunteer Cornwall in the Early Help Hub.
When applying, please indicate your Locality preference from:
Locality 2 – Redruth, Camborne, Helston and The Lizard.
Locality 4 - St Austell, Newquay, The Clays, Lostwithiel & Fowey.
Locality 5 – Bude, Launceston, Bodmin, Camelford and Wadebridge. Due to the geographical area of Locality 5, job share may be considered.
Your role will include:
- Researching and mapping provision to support Children, Young People and Families in each locality;
- Identifying duplication or gaps and putting strategies in place to resolve any issues;
- Increasing the range of VCS provision available and known about in each locality;
- Building effective networks in each locality;
- Using co-production and co-design methods with all members of the community to help them find their own local solutions;
- Keeping accurate records of the people that you support.
For all posts, the successful applicants will have a passion for making a difference to the lives of people; strong communication skills; an understanding of the needs of Children, Young People and Families in Cornwall.
Good I.T. skills are essential as is the ability to work as part of a wider team focused on improving positive outcomes.
As this involves extensive travelling you will need access to a car.
See the Job Description & Person Specification for full details.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is
9:00am on Monday 25th March 2019
To apply for this position, please download the application pack from the website www.volunteercornwall.org.uk/vacancies or for a postal copy contact Tony Lawrence at Volunteer Cornwall on 01872 266999 or email Tonyl@volunteercornwall.org.uk