Complex Needs Worker
2 days left
- Full Time
Complex Needs Worker
35 hours per week (2 year Fixed Term Contract)
Funded by Big Lottery The YMCA regional complex needs project aims to ensure young people who have complex needs receive equal access and services across a number of YMCA’s within the central region. This three year project will help six YMCAs across the midlands region to better support young people with complex needs whilst also ensuring that a change of organisational culture towards these young people takes place.
This is the first regional project that has been developed within the central region of YMCAs specifically to work with this client group and will enable each YMCA to fully implement our regional Health & Wellbeing Strategy
The Post Holder will:
- Provide day to day support to a case load of 10 young adults with complex and co-existing needs that occur due to poor mental health, learning differences, substance misuse and childhood trauma ensuring they are appropriately assessed and supported.
- Have detailed knowledge and experience of childhood trauma and its impact on mental health, and the ability to deliver appropriate information, intervention, advice, guidance and support to groups and or individuals.
- Develop and maintain operational links with key partners and stakeholders keeping them fully engaged of pathways and the needs of young adults.
- Understand and promote the role within the housing team, Youth work projects and work with other professionals to ensure young adults receive an intensive holistic service aimed at achieving the best possible outcomes including Health, EET (Education, Employment & Training) and Accommodation.
- Play an active role in supporting team members and external partners in collating relevant information/data, evidencing progression and impact of project delivery and support.
- Support a programme of cultural change within the YMCA ensuring better access and sustainability for young people with complex needs and actively support the work of complex needs throughout the region.
- Work with key partners across the region in achieving the Enabling Environments standards as part of the regional project.
Applicants should apply by requesting an application form Amanda Mee on 0121 354 5614 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application Friday 22nd March 2019 1pm
Interview date Monday 11th April 2019
Apply for Complex Needs Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly