Administration Support Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
Invigilation/Admin Support Officer
No Agencies please.
Applicants who are short-listed will be requested to supply details of two referees. If you have already given this information as part of your CV, we would appreciate your confirmation that these referees can be contacted in advance of interview.
Job Title: Invigilator/Admin Support Officer
Company: Gas Flare Ltd
Hours: Full time, 8.30 am – 5 pm (1/2 hour lunch)
Salary: Circa £23,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience
Location: Unit 3 Foundry Lane, Fishponds Trading Estate, Bristol BS5 7XH
Benefits: 23 days holiday per year + bank holidays. Free parking.
Gas Flare Ltd is a gas training and assessment company offering a wide range of gas and oil courses to new trainees and/or customers wishing to renew their qualifications.
As a member of Gas Flare Ltd the job holder’s main role will be that of Invigilation Officer. After training, they will be tasked with carrying out invigilation of candidates who attend the Centre in a training/assessment capacity.
It is imperative that the job holder carries out these duties with strict attention to the Awarding Bodies rules and regulations.
1 Principal responsibilities (Invigilation)
Introduction to, and Invigilation of, trainees’ written tests - Monitoring trainees during written test - Checking answers against pre-printed material - Downloading alternate oral questions from a computer database
2 Administrative Duties
On the occasion where invigilation of trainees is not required, the job holder will be expected to undertake a wide range of duties to support the Centre Co-ordinator.
These will include the following:
- Receive and make telephone calls connected with the day to day running of the business and course requirements.
- Course materials - prepare for trainers and/or assessors as required Utilities – monitor Utility Contracts/arrange new Contracts as necessary.
- Submit meter readings monthly.
- IT: Updating and editing the company website on a regular basis to reflect any changes/additions to the courses offered by Gas Flare Ltd.
- Microsoft Access Database - Be responsible for adding new customers’ personal details, pass marks, dates of expiry and qualifications held.
- For existing customers check personal details are up to date, input all new qualifications and update expiry dates.
- Use the database to send out letters/emails to customers advising of the expiry date of any of their qualifications, inviting them to make contact to book onto an available course.
- Back up Hard drive - Ensure rotation of back up Hard Drives to enable one to be stored away from the workplace.
- Additional responsibilities Develop a sound knowledge of the courses on offer with an ability to communicate effectively with customers to ensure enrolment on the most appropriate course for their needs.
- It should be noted, that as part of a small team, the job holder will be expected to have a good deal of flexibility towards their workload and in time be able to manage the working day with little input from management.
Whilst on the job training will be given, the job holder will need a high level of competence to ensure that written assessments are checked for total accuracy and under the Invigilating rules set by the Awarding Body.
A sound knowledge of Microsoft applications is required, although training in the use of the Microsoft Access database would be given if necessary.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 21st March 2019
Apply for Administration Support Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly