7 days left
- Full Time
Days – 40-hour week
We have a great opportunity for a Production Supervisor to join the busy team of one of the leading producers of CO2 and dry-ice products in Europe. The Production Supervisor will manage a team of Leading Operators and Plant Operators working a two-shift system ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the dry ice production plant. You will be used to ensuring full compliance with UK regulatory requirements, as well as the company’s safety policy, working to agreed budgets in order to meet the market demand for dry ice. We are looking for a Production Supervisor who is passionate about people management, used to working to strict time scales and reacting quickly to changing priorities.
Key Production Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Ensure that appropriate employees are utilised effectively, adequately trained and motivated to enable the departmental goals to be achieved
- Ensure full compliance with relevant national legislation, as well as company health, safety, environmental and quality principles
- Be responsible for the production of quality products at maximum efficiency in accordance with plant operating procedures
- Lead initiatives on productivity, cost reduction and lean manufacturing
- Manage the Fixed Cost budget, stock levels and usage rates of CO2, packaging materials and production consumables, including PPE
- Be responsible for the monthly reporting of factory performance including volumes produced, raw materials and energy used, and productivity rates are achieved.
- Management of documented control systems, including training records, cooling water treatment, calibration and pest control.
- Organise work group meetings, conduct tool box talks and health & safety training as necessary
- Develop and implement plant operating procedures, ensuring that training requirements are identified and completed
- Participate fully in the internal and external audit process
Personal Specification – Production Supervisor:
- Supervisory experience, including employee management
- Background in process plant operation. Food industry experience is desirable
- Good knowledge of managing all aspects of health and safety
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Office experience.
- Knowledge of SAP and production planning systems would be an advantage
- Strong team player
The company offer great benefits – 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, generous pension contribution.
Apply for Production Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly