Company Administrator (Part-Time: 3 day or 24 hours per week)
balletLORENT is an award winning contemporary dance theatre Company, based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Currently a National Partner of Sadler’s Wells, and Associate Company of Northern Stage.
We are seeking a dynamic Company Administrator with at least three years experience to join our small but highly effective team. This part-time post will provide support for the executive leadership of the Company as well as our small workforce.
The successful candidate will have exceptional administrative skills with and an ability to effectively multi-task and prioritise workload. It is essential that candidates have an enthusiasm for writing and know how to effectively report on activity that has been funded through Trusts & Foundations, Arts Council of England and other funding bodies. Accuracy and attention to detail are key components of this role.
balletLORENT is a busy, ambitious organisation and a passion for your work and the company is essential.
Application deadline: By 12noon on Thursday 21st March 2019
Interviews: Monday 25th March 2019
Start date: 1st May 2019
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
balletLORENT is an equal opportunities employer.
- Provide a senior administrative function to the balletLORENT team, working alongside the Executive Producer.
Key Responsibilities and Duties will include:
- Coordinate and write end of project reports and make sure reports are submitted to Funders on time.
- Provide support for the writing of funding applications to Trusts and Foundations.
- Develop and maintain electronic monitoring systems for the company’s activities to ensure accurate data is collated and interpreted accordingly for reporting to Funders and the Board of Trustees.
- Update the Company’s policies annually for legal purposes and to meet the requirements of Arts Council of England as a National Portfolio Organisation.
- Implement policy action plans and review at staff meetings and/or quarterly.
- Ensuring all necessary insurances are up to date and any conditions satisfied.
- Minute and note taking for office and Board of Trustee meetings.
- Effectively coordinate administrative systems and filing.
- Support the Artistic Director and the learning and participation team with administration tasks.
- Process purchase invoices and purchase orders and raise sales invoices as required.
- Collate, code and file all purchase invoices in preparation for the bookkeeper making entries on Xero.
- Process balletLORENT’s sales invoices.
- Raise invoices for freelance dancers
- Calculate per diem payments due and raise documentation for signature for staff and artists.
- Support the Executive Producer in preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Ensure the company’s procurement policy is achieved for purchases above £500.
- Bank cheques and cash income.
- Review, monitor, update and issue, with appropriate consultation, the company’s contracts with its employed and freelance staff (artists and crew); managing recruitment and appointment processes for all new staff.
- Create, monitor and update, with appropriate consultation, the company’s Staff Handbook and its HR and management policies, ensuring legal requirements are fulfilled, best practice is achieved and Arts Council England Conditions of Funding are maintained.
- Create and maintain governance document.
- Review, monitor and update, with appropriate consultation, the company’s appraisal system.
- Organising visas and inoculations when required for international touring.
- Management of office systems and resources, including the company’s IT requirements; management of the company’s offices including revised contracts and utility services; storage and other facilities.
- Acting as ambassador for the company at appropriate performances and events.
- Any other duties relevant to the post as required by the Executive Producer and Artistic Director.