Account Manager - Invention
We are Reach plc and we are the UKs largest news publisher with popular titles such as Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, OK!, New, Daily Record, as well as more than 100 distinguished regional titles including the likes of The Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
Although the foundations of our business is media, we also have an in-house marketing and advertising sales team known as Reach Solutions who secure marketing and advertising revenue for our print and digital publications. Reach Solutions is based in our Canary Wharf head office, and we are looking to recruit recent graduates looking to start their career in advertising and media sales.
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our Inventions team here in Manchester. For the first time, as part of our new portfolio, this role will see you working on behalf of publications such as The Express, Star and OK! titles.
We are looking for a passionate, strategic individual who knows the media content and agency world well and will be comfortable and tenacious in generating briefs and selling in market-leading work. You will be responsible for identifying, developing and retaining revenue-influencing relationships with our customers, both existing and new.
- You are the expert when it comes to your agencies and their brand clients. There isn't anything you don't know about their business, which brands are spending what and where, and pitches and awards the agency wins. You will ensure we retain the strongest of relationships and their utmost confidence in our ability to deliver
- You will provide regular opportunities for key planning, insight and creative colleagues to speak at your agencies, delivering clear next steps for how those opportunities can help to grow our business
- Demonstrate clear outcomes from every agency meeting and actively pursue follow-up opportunities
- You are the eyes and ears of the agency in the Invention creative process, advising our strategic planning and creative teams on what the client is looking for and ensuring that the requirements of the brief are met
- Regularly updating records of agency contacts and any meetings with them; logging outcomes and next steps
The Ideal Candidate
So what do we look for in candidates...
- Highly numerate and an excellent commercial thinker, able to identify and maximise revenue opportunities and report performance accurately
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
- High-impact, engaging personality with the energy to effect change and influence outcomes
- Strong working knowledge of Digital, National and Regional Press media and the Reach portfolio
- Effective operator, gets things done well and with good pace
- Deep understanding of how Reach Solutions products fit into wider UK media marketplace
- Full UK Drivers Licence
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to heath and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application. Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at