Assistant Site Manager
Assistant Site Manager
Grade 3 (£17,681 to £18,672)
Tenure: Full time
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52-week contract
Closing Date: noon Monday 18 March 2019
Candidates must demonstrate evidence of how they meet the minimum essential criteria in order to be successfully shortlisted
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Assistant Site Manager to join the existing Corporate Services team within St George’s Academy.
Reporting to the Estates Manager, the role will contribute as a team member towards providing an effective and efficient site support service. The role will follow a 3 week shift cycle working across the Sleaford and Ruskington campuses.
Key elements of the role will include responsibility for:
- Providing an on-site service, including security of the premises and its contents, heating and lighting of the premises, porterage and minor maintenance repairs.
- Pro-actively carrying out caretaking duties as directed by the Estates Manager or other designated person.
- Deputising for the Estates manager as and when required.
- Liaising with contractors regarding cleaning, maintenance/services and repair works. Supervising approved on-site contractors to ensure the smooth operation of maintenance work on all campuses.
- Being health and safety conscious, reporting any pertinent Issues to the Estates Manager immediately and taking corrective action where appropriate.
- Being an on call key holder for the Academy premises.
- Carrying out minor/first fix repairs where necessary and appropriate, prioritising work as appropriate, to ensure a safe environment is maintained.
- Supervising out of hours lettings as agreed.
- Taking part in the Estates Team on call rota.
You will be required to have experience of working with tools and undertaking general maintenance activities. The ideal candidate will also hold a minimum of 2 GCSE’s to include English and Maths from grade 9-4 or equivalent or be able to demonstrate a willingness to work towards achieving these qualifications. The ability to travel between the two campuses is considered essential.
St George’s Academy is a large 11-18, mixed, specialist Maths and Computing Academy, with outstanding facilities in all areas. The Academy serves Sleaford and the surrounding villages. Ofsted in 2015, graded the school as ‘good’ in every category. Examination results are consistently very good and the Academy remains over-subscribed each year.
If you would like to join an enthusiastic and friendly team of dedicated staff and can demonstrate your passion for site maintenance then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Further details and application forms are available from our website by clicking apply.
St George’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.