Trainee Credit Control Assistant
Trainee Credit Control Assistant – Croydon
Location: A few minutes walk from East Croydon train station.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9-5pm (part-time hours may be considered).
Murgitroyd is a forward thinking global firm of European Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys. We have recently moved into new modern offices in Croydon and we are looking for a Trainee Credit Control Assistant to compliment our very busy Accounts team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a school or college leaver looking to progress in a career in finance.
Responsible for the day to day support and general tasks in the credit control team such as scanning, filing, photocopying, creating spreadsheets, contacting clients by email and telephone and any other jobs as requested on a daily basis by other members of the Accounts team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Locating copy invoices in Lotus Notes and sending to client.
- Sending routine follow up emails as requested by credit controllers.
- Assisting with monthly statement runs.
- Producing excel statements for forwarding to clients.
- Updating client file notes.
- Preparing paperwork for write off.
- Contacting clients for remittance details and assisting in the maintenance of client accounts.
- Assisting in the reconciliation of accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of accounts to be passed out to collection agents.
The above list is not exhaustive.
Candidates should be:
- Educated to A-level standard with A-levels preferably in English, Mathematics and Business Studies/Accountancy at grades A or B.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word with the need for accuracy of skills and attention to detail.
- to following work instruction/procedures
- to work on own initiative
- good communication skills (customer service experience preferably)
- the ability to prioritise, take instruction and work under pressure
How to Apply
Email your CV detailing your qualifications and experience.