Senior Planning officer
(Tank Recruitment - Senior Planning Officer - Planning Officer - Senior Building Planner)
Senior Planning Officer
On behalf of a key client of ours we are resourcing for a Senior Planning Officer to be based in East Devon, also strive to be outstanding.
Everything our client does is aimed at ensuring that East Devon is a place that people want to live in, work in, visit and enjoy.
About the role
- Reporting to the Development Manager in this interesting and varied role, you'll process major planning applications and related appeals for projects located to the east of Exeter
- This will involve site inspections, negotiations with applicants, written justifications, and formulating recommendations.
- You'll also investigate breaches or alleged breaches of planning control and initiate enforcement procedures as appropriate.
- You'll also negotiate and organise legal agreements and monitor the progress of planning applications, including preparing and presenting the Council's case in connection with appeals and liaising with infrastructure providers to ensure that all infrastructure (physical, social and community) is planned for and delivered on time.
- As a Senior Planning Officer, you'll also play a vital part supporting and mentoring other Officers within the team to assist the service to achieve the priorities and objectives of the Council.
- Along with a degree in Planning (or equivalent qualification), you'll be a corporate member of the RTPI and have significant post-qualification experience in development control.
- You should have a good knowledge of the planning system, excellent organisational and time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills will enable you to negotiate and influence with tact and diplomacy.
- You'll also need a driving licence and be able to travel as required (reasonable adjustments may be possible according to the Equality Act).
- To support the Development Manager in providing a development management service to achieve the priorities and objectives of the client.
- 5+ years' experience in a similar planning role
- RTPI member
- A Degree in Planning (or similar)
- Great Communication skills
To be considered for this role please apply with your full CV and contact details