Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
We’re BSI, the business standards company that helps organizations all over the world make excellence a habit. For more than a century, we’ve been showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth.
We’re looking for an Electro-Mechanical Engineer to join our Testing Laboratories in Hemel Hempstead and build, maintain and repair the machines we use to test products.
- Salary of up to £40,000 basic DOE
- Excellent company-contributed pension scheme
- Company-paid private medical insurance
- Significant training with a team of dedicated Learning & Development staff
- A wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
- 27 days’ annual leave (with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days)
This is the perfect opportunity for an Electro-Mechanical Engineer with some electronics knowledge to apply their technical abilities in a hands-on, development-focused role.
We pride ourselves in setting the benchmark for our industry and significantly invest in our people to help them become the best in their field. You’ll receive excellent training to enable your success while working in our Testing Laboratories.
This exciting role offers real diversity and variety, where one minute you’ll be carrying out emergency repairs on a test rig and the next you’ll be project managing brand-new rig build requirements with our Lab Team.
You’ll become a key member of a great team of experts who are passionate about getting the job done right each time. You’ll have the chance to make a real difference by ensuring the equipment we use is of the highest quality.
As an Electro-Mechanical Engineer, you will build, maintain and repair our range of testing rigs and equipment.
Joining our development workshop, you will:
- Develop and construct new or upgrade test equipment and processes
- Identify potential areas of improvement within current facilities
- Work with Team Managers to specify and purchase new equipment
- Provide cover for the Quality and Calibration Engineer if required
To join us as an Electro-Mechanical Engineer, you’ll need:
- An electrical design and/or engineering background
- Machine maintenance experience
- Basic wiring skills and the ability to read and create wiring diagrams
- Workshop and/or machining skills
- An HND level qualification or specialist skills in electro-mechanical or electrical engineering OR a City & Guilds Part 1, 2 and 3 Electrical Engineering qualification
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as an Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
Webrecruit and BSI are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to take on your next challenge as an Electro-Mechanical Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.