Head of Chemistry
3 days left
- Full Time
Sir John Hunt Community Sports College
Post: Head of Chemistry
Full time permanent
Pay scale: MPS/UPS (TLR 2a £2721)
Required from 1st September 2019 (An earlier start could be negotiated)
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious teacher to join our College and form a leadership team to drive standards, ethos, vision and expectations in an oversubscribed school. We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher of Science to be the Head of Chemistry. This post will be suited to experienced teachers.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a passion for teaching Science
- Have a specialism in Chemistry
- Have the ability to inspire a love & curiosity of Science
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- Experienced colleagues need to be able to demonstrate impact in their current role
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
An application form and further details can be found on the College website.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 25 February 2019
SJH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.