Academic English Studies Tutor
Would you like to work in an autonomous learning environment, teaching Academic English Skills, on Higher Education preparatory programmes?
Our Durham University International Study Centre is looking for an experienced EAP Tutor to join the team on a full time, permanent contract. Teaching Academic English Skills to students on our International Foundation Programme (Level 3) and Pre-Masters Programmes (Level 6), you'll provide student centred teaching to small groups of international students (10-15 per class). You'll mark students' formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials. We love to work with Tutors that enjoy delivering innovative and creative lessons, and within this role, you will be given the autonomy to be creative with your approach. The centre is collaborative and inclusive, with regular team building, group CPD, and a forward-thinking approach when looking at ways we can provide English outside of the classroom.
WHY CHOOSE US
We're a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe. Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture.
Our Durham University Study Centre is the newest to the Study Group network, recently opened its doors in September last year. Based in the spectacular Queens Campus, it is now a fully functional centre full of talented students from across the globe. The centre runs a dynamic curriculum across the International Foundation and the Pre-Masters programme. This is a high-energy centre, where no day is the same. The centre is right next to the River Tees and the breath-taking Infinity Bridge.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- CELTA, DELTA, or a relevant Master's degree.
- Experience working in a Further Education or a Higher Education environment working with international students.
- Extensive experience teaching Academic English to international students.
- You'll be an outgoing team player, with excellent communication skills.
- You will be able to show adaptability and flexibility.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.