Rare 6 Month Contract Opportunity For An Experienced Payroll Assistant!
Your new company
You will be working for a highly prestigious education institute who have an enviable reputation for delivering teaching excellence alongside providing students with practical skills to support their employability. They have state of the art facilities of which both staff and students benefit from. The are conveniently located near to the Derby city centre and therefore benefit from excellent public transport links, alongside good commuter links from Nottingham, Burton, and Chesterfield.
Your new role
This is a full time (37 hours per week) role, on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract. The vacancy has arisen due to an internal project and therefore they are seeking to add additional resource to the team. As a Payroll Assistant you will be a member of the Payroll team working to assist in contributing to the delivery of weekly and monthly payroll. Key tasks of the role will include:
- Processing Childcare Vouchers, paid in arrears hours, overtime and any ad hoc payments
- Setting up new starters ensuring all eligibility to work documentation is in order
- Downloading data from HMRC
- Calculate and process SSP, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Running payroll reports
- Preparation of Pension returns
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
In order to secure this opportunity you will need:
- Available from 1st February 2019 and be able to commit for a period of 6 months
- Ideally good knowledge of iTrent
- Previous payroll experience
- A proactive team player who is willing to go the extra mile for their colleagues
- Good communications skills, able to build robust working relationships
- Outstanding attention to detail
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.