Engagement & Communications Manager
Engagement & Communications Manager
We’re BSI, the business standards company that helps organizations all over the world make excellence a habit. For more than a century, we’ve been showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth.
We’re now looking for an Engagement & Communications Manager to join our Standards Department and develop relationships with a range of Standards Makers.
- Salary of up to £39,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Excellent company-contributed pension scheme
- Company-paid private medical insurance
- A wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
- Develop your career with a business that’s committed to continual improvement, integrity and inclusivity
- 27 days’ annual leave (with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days)
This is the ideal opportunity for a membership and/or volunteer engagement and communications manager to advance their career with our global leading organization.
You’ll discover an open, friendly and supportive culture where everyone can make a real difference and we work hard to ensure your role is as rewarding as it is enjoyable and challenging.
We are committed to motivating our teams and rewarding those who excel. So, if you are looking for a role where you can really make a difference to organisational outcomes and standards on a global scale, this is the role for you.
As our Engagement & Communications Manager, you’ll be tasked with enhancing our insight, communications, policies, programmes and events to enable relationships with Standards Makers.
BSI Standards Makers are a group of 11,900 volunteers who form committees and support our work by debating and deciding on the standards for service or products. Standards Makers can be members of the public or nominated by stakeholder organizations such as trade associations, government departments, professional bodies, charities, unions and consumer organizations.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Facilitating communication between Standards Makers, BSI and nominating organisations
- Ensuring that all parties are enabled to make standards meet the needs of end users
- Managing the Standards Makers Engagement Executive
- Supporting them to increase engagement with standards involved organizations and individuals
To be considered as an Engagement & Communications Manager, you will need:
- To be an experienced membership and/or volunteer engagement and communications manager
- Experience of developing and delivering engagement initiatives such as events and recognition schemes
- Experience of engaging and building relationships with diverse groups of key stakeholders and/or volunteers
- A track record of developing and supporting communications with stakeholder groups, internally and externally
- Experience of working with databases and CRM systems and undertaking data analysis and reporting
- A competent level of IT literacy especially working with Microsoft Office suite of programmes including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of gathering, monitoring and responding to stakeholder feedback
- Experience of working across multiple and/or diverse internal stakeholder groups or teams and/or departments
- Confidence engaging with people at all levels and in a B2B environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
Experience of working with stakeholders and/or volunteers who are technical subject-matter experts would be beneficial to your application. Experience of working with volunteers and/or members, including recruitment and retention activities would also be advantageous, as would experience of developing and/or administering volunteer and/or membership management procedures.
Experience of developing data reporting tools, creating reports would be equally desirable, as would experience of developing and managing events. However, none of these are essential.
Other organisations may call this role Communications Manager, Engagement Manager, Volunteer Engagement Manager, Volunteer Communications Manager, Volunteer Marketing Manager, or Volunteer Marketing Communications Manager.
We are also interested in hearing from individuals who have held the role of Volunteer Officer, volunteer Engagement Officer, Volunteering Engagement Officer, or Marketing Officer.
Webrecruit and BSI are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next challenge as our Engagement & Communications Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.