Posting Date - January 29, 2019
Closing Date - February 28, 2019
Salary - Competitive
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyse, gain market insight and recognise value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the real estate investment industry. Reporting to the Chief Architect, you will be a crucial player building the platform - defining and implementing the data representation, processing and data flow around our cloud solutions.
Who you are
You are a Data Architect or you might be a Data Modeller with increasingly architecture-focused experience. You understand how to architect data solutions in a range of technologies and you want to see your vision implemented on a new, exciting, global platform.
What you will do:
- Drive the implementation. Identify and define:
- Common data model elements that will improve data consistency and ease integration between products.
- Data object ID management across the platform, enabling data consistency across multiple product data stores for each customer.
- External data flows to the platform including API design and define to 3rd parties and inter-product teams.
- Provide insight. Determine the changing data needs of the company and come up with related solutions. You will:
- Design data integration interfaces between products and data flow around the platform at both a high and low level.
- Produce conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Define and guide implementation of data integration technologies and tech stack.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in relation to data integrity, confidentiality, availability, life cycle management and retention.
So, how do we know you are the next Data Architect, you have:
- The collaborative approach. An influencer, you have a way of speaking, writing, and relaying information that engages people.
- The experience. Expertise with:
- Data-centric systems, data architecture, data modellingand database design.
- Large scale data management in a complex multi-source, multi product, team environment.
- Web platform/API driven systems including REST interface definition and management.
- ETL/data format conversion, SQL and NoSQL/non-traditional database technologies.
- AWS/Cloud computing.
Altus Analytics is:
- Fast. We are responsive and fast, developing new solutions and features that meet the demands of our users. With the solid financial stability of our bigger parent-group, we can offer the best of both worlds - cool tech, great benefits, challenges and rewards.
- First. We continuously innovate to stay ahead. We set the standard for the PropTech industry.
- Fun. From social Fridays to summer sailing; from holiday parties to mid-winter hackathons, we know how to take a step back and relax with co-workers.
- Future-focused. As an organisation, we are focused on growing our reach and our product offering. This means the chance to work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients and grow your own career moving up, choosing to specialise or exploring different product teams.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work.