Product Manager, Taliance
Posting Date - February 5, 2019
Closing Date - March 5, 2019
Salary - Competitive
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We empower clients to analyse, gain market insight and recognise value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,500 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our software is driving an evolution in the commercial real estate industry by empowering clients and partners with industry standard software solutions, data products and technology enabled services.
Altus Group is looking for a Product Manager to drive the vision and strategy for a new web-based ARGUS product that solves complex fund modelling problems for CRE professionals.
Who you are
You may be a Financial Analyst with extensive financial modelling skills and fund management insights looking for a step up and an exciting career shift into the world of technology. Or, you may be a Product Manager seeking a chance to own and drive a brand new product launch. Either way, you want to apply your hands-on expertise to bring a problem-solving product to a global market.
Here's what our new Product Manager will focus on:
- Ownership. You will use your background and expertise to have hands-on involvement with high-level planning for the product development and rollout. You will understand and analyze business initiatives, current products and customer needs to develop a product roadmap, you will design and roll out:
- Market research projects.
- Product roadmaps and business cases.
- Go-to-market strategies.
- Leadership. You will apply your extensive knowledge to:
- Create and communicate the vision for your product.
- Collaborate with architects, designers and developers to build your vision.
- Partner with product marketing and sales to deliver value to clients.
- Strategy. You will conduct market analysis and work with the executive leadership on the business vision for the application to ensure it aligns with the overall product strategy:
- Lead customer conversations to identify needs.
- Be an influential voice working closely with marketing and sales to promote the benefits of your solution.
- Develop the product release strategy and interact with a wide range of business stakeholders and executive leaders to ensure successful product launches.
- Occasionally represent the company at trade shows, conferences and sales calls, 20% estimated travel.
How do we know that's you? You have:
- Education. A university degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business or Engineering
- Experience. In financial analysis and modelling for Fund Management or in product management, overseeing the design, development and requirements gathering for a new web application build. You have:
- A strong understanding of the user experience for analytics tools
- Familiarity with CRE fund modelling, experience using ARGUS Enterprise or ARGUS Taliance (major assets but not required)
- Technical knowledge. You have hands-on experience with:
- Web-based application development.
- SaaS delivery environment.
- Transparent communication style. You have outstanding written and verbal skills. You can effectively drive the work of the development team and work with people at all levels.
- An appreciation for cross-team collaboration. You can influence work in a multi-functional team environment - across different locations around the world - with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines.
- A passport and the commitment to do what it takes. You are willing and able to travel to London, Paris, Toronto, Houston, New York and other locations.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now or refer a friend.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.