Senior Workshop Instrucor/Assessor in Multi-Trades
Are you a time served Construction Operative with excellent experience in a range of construction trades?
Do you have the enthusiasm, drive and ability to make a difference to students learning journey?
Do you have experience of engaging hard to reach students with a range of support needs?
Do you want guaranteed earnings, holiday pay, pension?
Do you want to work for a college with over 50 years teaching and learning experience within a friendly and professional team of specialist experts?
You will need to be able to transfer your knowledge and skills to a group of young students to national standards. The course content includes Painting & Decorating, Tiling, Carpentry & Joinery, Plastering and General Building Skills. You will instruct, assess and support students, liaise with employers regarding current students and identify potential new students. Support students in the workshop and classroom environments.
You will need to be qualified to Level 3 Diploma/NVQ or above. If you do not hold an assessors award already, you will be willing to work towards this with the College's support. You will also be flexible and self-motivated with a dedication to student achievement and provision quality.
What we can offer you:
- A fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme where the College contributes up to 19%
- 25 days' annual leave per annum (plus Bank Holidays and up to 3 Christmas closure days)
- An onsite canteen, hair and beauty salon and nursery
- An onsite sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to an online discount website
Highbury College also offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Employee Assistance Programme,
So if you think you have the technical skills, experience and passion? Then come and join a 'Amazing College with Amazing Staff' and drive your career forward 'The Highbury Way'.
For further information on this role, please download the Job Description.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity! Only candidates completing our Application form will be considered, CV's are not accepted. If you require any additional support with the completion of your application please contact the HR department on or
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us on .