Assistant Operations Manager
This forward thinking company are looking for an Assistant Operations Manager to help the company meet their targets involving Safety, Innovation, Sustainability, and Customer focus.
The client is part of a global PLC covering 10 countries with over 7,000 employees.
Their main aims are to reduce waste, avoid pollution and reduce the unncessasary use of finite resources.
- There are checks in place to monitor efficiencies and productivity
- The implementation of actions and improvements projects
- Production targets are met
- Contract / performance adherence
- The team complete and close out actions identified through internal and external audits
- KPI reports are completed correctly and on time
- The requirements of the environmental permit are met in line with process safety
- Key requirements in local operating procedures are met
- Performance against budget is met
- Agree and implement actions with the Senior Management team in line with P&L.
- Identify under-performing assets for evaluation, identify potential business improvement projects and assist in the preparation of business case papers
- Identify relevant skills and training requirements for staff, review and work with the team to update local operating procedures and risk assessments
- Evaluate staff performance, identify additional training needs and initiate investigations into poor performance in line with agreed disciplinary procedures [where appropriate].
- Carry out regular walkover inspections of the facility and equipment.
- Report all safety or environmental issues and where appropriate prepare corrective action plans and complete identified actions.
- Attend Safety, Health and Environment monthly site inspections: record actions and close out
- Experience of being an Operations Manager
- Experience of a wide range of processing techniques and materials
- Experience of leading operational processes and coaching staff and site teams
- Experience of managing people and a large processing facility
- Experience of managing expenditure; control of cost
- In depth understanding of health, safety and environmental compliance including an IOSH managing safety qualification
- Experience of isolating process equipment
- Experience of managing continual performance process improvements
- Excellent people skills; be able to communicate at all levels throughout the company and externally
- Excellent time management, delegation and organisational skills with the ability to forward plan and have a proactive management approach
- Able to evaluate key personnel to understand traits, skills, abilities and training needs
- Able to recommend the right training to develop the key personnel with clear understanding of operational objectives and key performance indicators
- Ability to coach, train, including technical information and monitor performance & compliance
- Abel to assess and evaluate skills growth
- Ability to work with operational managers and identify development needs along with offering creative solutions to support
- Experience of managing employee relations and training
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, including employer enhanced Company pension scheme, option to join Share Save scheme, and a range of discounts at nationwide retailers through our benefits partner.