Lecturer in Fashion
We have great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer in Fashion to become a key member of our Art and Design department.
As a Lecturer in Fashion, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of fashion/textiles courses at levels 3, 4, 5.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students' learning and providing a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience teaching pattern cutting and garment production on Fashion HE programmes and knowledge of and experience in delivering CAD/Digital design and illustration within fashion and textiles contexts, at L3, 4 and 5, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualifications in Fashion
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C
- Certificate in Education or equivalent or willingness to work towards.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - .Bedford College
18.75 hours per week (0.5 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
35 holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.