KYC Control Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID:
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Information Services Group (ISG) is responsible for providing authoritative sources of reference data to our clients across the Institutional Client Services (ICG) organization. Combining strong operational support units that partner with IT to implement state of the art technologies which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account and corporate action data. The ISG organization works in partnership with data clients across all ICG business lines, deploying solutions to increase their competitiveness, through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data.
The team is responsible for the oversight and execution of the Markets Know Your Customer Control Framework in accordance with Citi compliance policies and regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities of the team includes new process builds/ enhancements pertaining to controls, testing and monitoring of existing processes in adherence to Global AML/ KYC policy and regulatory requirements as well as ensuring an effective governance/ oversight of all control related activities.
Role / Position Overview
The KYC Quality Control Manager will be responsible for establishing, developing and overseeing the controls framework for the Markets KYC Operations team.
Owning and executing control processes relating to regulatory KYC requirements (i.e. FinCEN).
Complete testing of the Markets Control Framework to assess effectiveness of the implementation of Markets Operations Processes ensuring that all required controls are applied and enforced for the functions of this group.
Partake in control development for the Markets KYC Operations working with key stakeholders within the Markets KYC Operations Teams.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring all actions carried out by Markets KYC Operations are in line with local regulatory and Citi policy standards.
- Develop/ ownership of executing control processes relating to regulatory KYC requirements (i.e. FinCEN)
- Oversight and development of Markets Global KYC Risk and Control Framework
- Developing a business aligned support and priority model to better service client experience
- Engage with internal stakeholders/Compliance to ensure processes are efficient and adequate
- Perform testing of Markets KYC Operations processes to ensure compliance with Global AML/ KYC policy and regulatory requirements and desktop procedures; inclusive of senior management reporting
- Ensure all actions and KYC reviews are in line with required policy standards and industry regulations
Provide updates at regular meetings with internal stakeholders, such as Compliance, etc.
The successful candidate will have an excellent career growth and personal development opportunity, leading teams within a dynamic environment. Increasing regulatory requirements in the KYC/AML space as well as potential functional growth will provide the candidate with a strong opportunity to develop career at Citi. The candidate will also gain exposure to operating in a global fast paced investment bank where in-house technology support is directly available to influence the design and improve efficiency of the onboarding process.
Preferred, not desirable - ACAMS, Any other prominent certification in AML/KYC
Financial services related qualifications would be advantageous (e.g. IAQ or similar)
- Demonstrate ability to get work done within agreed timelines
- People development and coaching
- Exceptional organization and process adherence ability
- Intermediate technical skills including intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, multi-task and work within tight and changeable timeframe while still maintaining high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical skills and time management skills, excellent attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and aptitude for communicating with senior management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong ability to influence and build consensus
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders (e.g. Compliance) and partners (e.g. Trainers, Senior Management) to develop and execute on process enhancements
- Demonstrates strong leadership and coaching skills
- Good communication skills - this will be a role with a high level of senior business and client interaction
- Planning and Organization - ability to manage large workloads and balance multiple priorities
- Interpersonal skills and Relationship building
- Flexible attitude to role specifics. Must be willing to adapt to needs of business, often at short notice
- Proactive approach to process improvement, actively seeks opportunities for change that benefit the wider team.
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer; • 23 days paid annual leave
• Award winning pension scheme
• Life assurance and
• Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidized clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customize your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.