Sales Manager Groups
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another - and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got - on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Proven sales professional with a minimum of 3 years direct, proactive sales experience within a premium/luxury sales organisation
Educated to degree or equivalent
Passionately driven towards revenue goals
Polished and professional communication skills - verbal and written
Excellent standards of personal presentation
Understanding of Opera programmes would be an advantage
- To take responsibility for an allocated portfolio of accounts, undertaking complete account management, taking responsibility for maintaining, servicing, contracting and developing your allocated account base
- Actively search for new group business to drive room and food & beverage revenue into all of the Starwood Central London properties
- To create and implement Strategic Action plans for all Key Accounts and Key Prospect Accounts and meet quarterly with the ADOS to report on progress.
- To follow key sales activities such as Key Account plans.site inspections, client appointments, promotions, familiarisation trips and sales trips to deliver increased market penetration and revenue production goals.
- To conduct domestic and international sales-trips focusing on strengthening existing and building new relationships to deliver increased account penetration and revenues.
- To participate in sales blitzes, trade shows, workshops and exhibitions as appropriate.
- To build and effectively and efficiently maintain a database of all clients.
- Responsible for groups follow up and group lead conversion through working with the GSO, G&E Sales team and on-property sellers.
- To negotiate rates for both new and existing accounts within the set parameters of the hotels' overall strategies.
- To maintain full and accurate knowledge of the competitive sets of the Central London hotels, monitor competitor activity and adjust strategy accordingly to market needs and trends.
- To take responsibility to deliver team targets such as MI Leads, Hotel Focus Weeks, and other projects set by the Director of Sales or ADOS.
- To complete a weekly sales report, detailing activities and financial results in line with company standards, goals and targets.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and other meetings as required.
- Be responsible for compiling own Concur expense reports on a regular basis and submitting to the Director of Sales for approval.
- Familiarise yourself with all hotel operations and ensure effective communication between departments to ensure delivery of excellent guest service as appropriate.
- To actively participate in the Engagement Survey process and support action plans to address issues within the departmen
- To take an active role in mentoring and training new members into the team and offer guidance on all sales processes.
- Perform any duties deemed necessary and reasonable, requested by the Director of Sales, or ADOS.