Brewster Partners are currently working with a leading supplier of catering products, this role is crucial to the development of the company. This is a part time role between 20-25hrs at GBP20k - GBP22k FTE.
Ideally looking for an experienced HR professional.
The company is relocating to Chesterfield, though until Spring/ Summer it will be located in Sheffield.
The role reports to the Financial Controller and is central to the efficient running of the day to day HR function and supporting the wider business' operations. The job holder will be expected to perform transactional elements of the HR and payroll functions, as well as provide value added activities and reporting to support the business.
The role will provide support to the management team, directors and the wider business, crucially handling the payroll and HR Policies and processes with absolute discretion and confidentiality. Interaction with other staff members across all areas and departments of the business will be necessary to carry out the role effectively, as well as liaising with external agencies and bodies.
All members of the Finance Team are expected to approach their duties with an inquisitive mind-set and adopt the principles of Continuous Improvement. Team members are empowered to identify opportunities for improvement across all areas of the business, its systems and processes.
- Administer the monthly Payroll
- Maintain accurate records of all salary adjustments, deductions, overtime and benefits paid
- Processing and submission of all statutory reports to HMRC (Monthly FPS, Annual P11d and P60 etc)
- Preparing and submitting salary payments for authorisation on the banking platform
- Payment of PAYE & NI to HMRC. Update employee tax codes when necessary
- Registering and maintaining auto-enrolment pension details and processing contributions
- Provide day to day HR support and guidance and be the first point of contact for employees and managers on Company policies and procedures
- Deal with all aspects of HR administration, including communication, recording annual leave, absence & sickness reporting using appropriate and necessary KPIs (such as the Bradford Factor)
- Management of Time & Attendance system and updating records as required
- Ensure all HR documentation is accurate, organised and up to date, including personnel records are held in compliance with GDPR requirements
- Support the recruitment and new starter induction processes including setup on HR & IT systems and recording of the issuing of company property and updating as necessary
- Support the leaver processes, including conducting exit interviews, retrieving company property and issuing P45s
- Ensure the smooth running of the office for the benefit of all employees, including document scanning, ordering and maintaining stationery stocks, refilling tea, coffee and fruit supplies etc.
- Supporting the annual audit and stock take which may involve additional hours or weekend working
Value Added Support
- Lead and promote employee engagement initiatives to enhance morale and integration across all areas and levels of the business
- Work within the business and local community links to establish the company as an employer of choice to attract and retain the top talent
- Update and develop HR policies, procedures and processes in line with best practice and legislative changes
- Provide advice to management on HR issues
- Resolve internal issues utilising and managing the disciplinary, grievance and performance management processes where necessary
- Introduce a development and training structure which provides clear pathways for employees to progress within the business
- Coordinate the annual PDR review process, ensuring all employees have a detailed job description and their performance measured fairly and appropriately
- Ensure periodic checks are completed for eligibility to work and to drive company vehicles
- Prepare timely HR statistics, reports and forecasts as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- An individual with practical experience of HR administration, Payroll processing and office management
- Experience of HMRC reporting requirements is essential
- Educated to A-level and / or professional qualification equivalent. CIPD qualified is desirable
- Used to working in an SME or family owned business with close interaction with directors / owners
- A Team player with strong communication skills and a can-do attitude. Confident in presenting to large audiences at different levels of the business
- Attention to detail, ensuring that processing is both accurate and complete
- Trust-worthy and able to work with professionalism, absolute discretion and confidentiality
Software / Packages Used
- Earnie Payroll software provided by Iris
- Kelio Time & Attendance system provided by Bodet
- HMRC and People's Pension Online submission platforms
- HSBCnet Online Banking platform
Brewster Partners Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at for more information.