Senior Learning Design Consultant - L&D - National - 6-12 month FTC
About the Role
Talent and Development (T&D) is PwC's internal learning and development function. Our ambition is to be a world-class learning function, partnering with the business to deliver solutions which meets the needs of our people and helps deliver the Firm's strategic priorities.
The T&D's, Learning Design team are responsible for designing training to the business and are looking for a Senior Learning Design Consultant / Senior Instructional Designer to join them.
The successful candidate will work with the wider Learning Design, Strategic Relationships and Learning Experience teams to deliver highly effective training content and learning design strategies using adult learning principles. They will be responsible for creating learning solutions that embed the 70:20:10 principle and align with the learning strategy.
They will work on a variety of projects and initiatives related to all areas of learning within PwC.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Act as expert adviser / Subject Matter Expert (SME) to teams across T&D around learning design and adult learning principles to ensure optimal solutions are created to meet business needs
- Work with the Strategic Relationship Leads to understand the requirements of the customer, and define the kinds of learning that would be the most appropriate using both digital and classroom modalities, technical and non-technical subject matter
- Draft and agree scope, objectives, design proposals, detailed design plans, delivery and evaluation in conjunction with the wider Learning Design, Strategic Relationships and Learning Experience teams
- Ensure the design meets the learning objectives and budget parameters and that there are appropriate evaluation interventions in place
- Be customer focussed at all times - understanding their needs and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Work closely with assigned SMEs
- Responsible for keeping abreast of latest external thinking and best practice and bringing this expertise to T&D
- Have an awareness of Intellectual Property Rights (i.e. copyright) requirements applicable to their activities
What we are looking for
The following skills are required for this role:
- Strong experience of leading and coaching others to develop effective classroom, blended and digital learning solutions
- Deep technical knowledge and experience of learning design and adult learning principles
- Passionate about learning and development. An expert who is fully abreast of new thinking in the profession with strong networks
- Innovative and creative in design thinking and when approaching new challenges
- Experience of designing high quality, immersive and experiential classroom and blended learning solutions that will bring business benefits to PwC
- Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to adapt and work effectively in a changing environment
- Strong understanding of and a passion for how technology can used to support and transform the way we learn
- Excellent project management, organisational skills & budgetary experience and able to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills to effectively identify issues and be able to apply sound conclusions resulting in the right solution, at the right time and at the right cost
- Goal orientated - maintains focus on agreed objectives and deliverables
- Commercially orientated - keeps commercial aspects continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Proven ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as a track record of working professionally and collaboratively as part of a wider-team
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Communicate confidently and effectively, at all levels, both in written and verbal form
- Highly energised and motivated to effect change and influence the firm's approach to people development
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.