Interaction Designer- Permanent
- work on needs analysis - taking existing content, identifying content gaps and overlaps etc;
- run workshops with cross-government colleagues to identify and agree content to be rationalised and archived;
- map content to different formats and audiences.
- develop and manage relationships with GDS;
- develop transition plans and attend planning meetings with contacts;
- actively develop and apply content and format strategies; and
- be an advocate for the department to train and develop colleagues.
- scope, commission, write, edit and publish digital content across all channels (web, mobile, social media);
- ensure customer journeys are the best they can be;
- manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate;
- be accountable for delivering content assets that are accurate, timely, high-quality (based on insight and outputs of user testing, relevant to audience, easily understood, SEO optimised) and to the department's style;
- be accountable for choosing the best format for displaying information to the user - if we don't have one, we'll want you to suggest ideas or identify the gap;
- ensure appropriate policy and legal checking within other parts of government happens, and that content is published quickly and efficiently;
- monitor the performance of content and tools and work with the Product Manager and a multi-disciplinary team to understand user behaviours and feedback;
- identify ways to improve the content and to iteratively improve the product;
- be at ease working in an agile environment with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals.