Sense are currently recruiting for an MSI Consultant to cover the North Locality, based from our offices in Wakefield, or alternatively, home-based remote working will also be considered.
Title: MSI Consultant
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time
Location: Wakefield or home-based in the North Locality
Contract type: Fixed Term
Salary: £37,241 - £40,623 per annum
About the role
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week on a fixed term maternity cover contract for 12 months, though a part time position could be discussed with the right candidate.
Our successful candidate will be expected to:
- Manage the caseload for our service in the North and develop the offer to children and young people to ensure it is relevant and effective in line with the team strategy.
- Provide management support for a team of two Children and Family Support Workers based in the North Locality, and be expected to provide professional support and development opportunities to ensure our offer is delivered.
- Develop links across local authorities in the North of England, identifying opportunities for joint work in order to promote understanding and service developments for the benefit of DB population.
Skills and abilities
- Are you experienced in working with children or young people who have sensory impairments and / or complex and medical needs, and their families?
- Are you a skilled and engaging leader who is excited and passionate about developing the skills of a team to meet the needs of deafblind people locally and nationally?
- Do you possess insight and knowledge of the SEND system which would benefit CYP with sensory impairments and / or complex and medical needs, and their families?
- Are you able to undertake assessment that focuses on the whole-child’s needs and on what they can rather than can’t do?
If the answer is yes to one or more of these then we are particularly keen to hear from you.
We are looking for experienced practitioners with Mandatory Qualifications or relevant experience of working with children and young people with multi-sensory impairment or single sensory impairment and additional complex needs.
This role will require travel across the locality and occasionally nationally; as such, a full UK driving licence is desirable. In return we offer specialist training and support to enable professional development, opportunity to join the company pension scheme and enhanced family benefits, and in addition a company car if eligible.
This is an opportunity to work with highly talented, diverse and supportive colleagues who are passionate about supporting children and young people with MSI and their families.
Closing date: Sunday 3 March 2019
Interview date: Thursday 14 March 2019
To start: To be discussed at interview
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button. You will be directed to our website where you can download the information pack and complete the application process.
We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (available on our website) before applying. If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format for example large print, Braille or audio, further details can be found on our website.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
No agencies please.