Support Worker - Mental Health - Social Care HEST75040
Would you like to work with a dynamic team and gain experience in the mental health sector?
Are you interested in working closely with service users to build upon their skills and experience to move towards further independence?
Come and join an accommodation-based Support Service in Kingston.
Our client provides short to medium term support (6 months 2 two years) to individuals with a primary mental health diagnosis. Their support is accommodation based, in a project which is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with the aim of supporting residents to build upon their skills and experience to be able to move on to independent accommodation at the end of their time with them.
They welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
- Experience of working with people with a range of different support needs and associated risks.
- Experience of delivering high quality floating, outreach or accommodation-based support services to people with a range of needs and risks.
- Good knowledge of welfare benefits and housing options and legislation related to statutory duty.
- Good understanding of the range of issues, diagnoses and treatment relevant to the client group including substance misuse.
- Previous experience of using computer-based systems to accurately record work and client details
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
If you want to do an ASYE and you fit the criteria, our client will support you to join their existing programme.
In return they offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
Our client is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Hours: 39 hours per week, a 5-weekly rolling rota. Includes bank holidays and some evenings, weekends and sleep ins.
Closing date: 12 March 2019
Our client supports adults and children across London in times of crisis.
Last year they worked with more than 9,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home to helping them to get the right mental health support, they support and enable people at the moment of crisis.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Support Worker - Mental Health - Social Care HEST75040
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly