We are Coastline Housing, an independent, not-for-profit housing association owning and managing over 4,300 homes. Built on strong values of putting our customers first, transparency, striving to be the best and valuing our staff, we are dedicated to providing great homes, delivering great services and employing great people.
We are Investors in People Silver accredited, a Top 100 Best Not-for-Profit organisation to work for, and we’ve been voted number 25 in the top 50 Landlords list.
Our Inspiring Futures initiative provides individuals with the confidence, training, funding and employment opportunities to get into work. We have exciting plans to support 500 people into work or training by 2021 and volunteers will be key to helping us achieve this aim.
As such, we’re looking for a Volunteer Manager to join our team, grow our volunteer numbers and oversee our volunteer strategy.
- Salary of £22,608 - £26,598 per annum
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- High street discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support initiatives that will transform lives throughout Cornwall
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a background in the recruitment and management of volunteers to take their next step with our growing housing association.
Volunteering is the bedrock of the charity sector and your role will ensure that our volunteering programme is strong, robust and executed successfully.
This key role will see you consolidate your skill-set and progress your managerial skills to the next level. What’s more, you’ll be joining a highly motivated team of experts with a strong set of values including openness, accountability and honesty, and a focus on diversity, creativity and making our organisation the best in our industry.
As our Volunteer Manager, you will manage the development and delivery of our volunteer scheme across Coastline Housing’s operations, dealing with the Investing in Volunteers Framework.
You’ll take responsibility for the day-to-day co-ordination of the scheme and will develop a volunteer recruitment strategy to support growth and create sustainability. Maintaining a suitable number of active volunteers, you will complete referencing, DBS checks and support volunteer inductions.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Helping with the effective deployment of volunteers
- Organising and providing training packages for volunteers
- Ensuring appropriate support is in place and undertaking regular 1-2-1 sessions for each volunteer
- Developing and maintaining links with volunteer partner agencies
- Ensuring volunteering information on social media and the website is up-to-date
- Maintaining volunteer records
- Organising and attending volunteer steering group meetings
To be considered as the Volunteer Manager, you will need:
- Experience of line management and effective team management
- Experience of recruiting, deploying and supporting of volunteers
- Experience of working to a quality assurance framework
- Experience of multi-working agency
- Experience of working with budgets
- Maths and English GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
This post is subject to a Standard DBS check.
A management qualification would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Volunteer Manager, Volunteering Manager, Volunteer Project Manager, Volunteer Development Manager, Volunteering Service Manager, or Volunteer Engagement Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 18th February 2019 with interviews scheduled for the week commencing the 25th February 2019.
Webrecruit and Coastline Housing are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for an amazing role as a Volunteer Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.