During the past ten years, our client has changed from a small-scale housing provider, to a leading provider of resettlement and integration services for refugee and newly arrived communities in the UK. They now employ 65 staff, work with 2,500 people per year, deliver services in the West of England and West Midlands, and offer advice and assistance across the UK and beyond.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain working experience within a well-established business with a global presence operating from Birmingham.
The successful person will have a solid base of skills in an account’s environment, with a positive and enthusiastic personality, and a willingness to offer help and support to a busy team of people. This role will suit someone with a diligent and organised method of working, highly-reliable and with good attention to detail. Strong knowledge of Sage 50 & Excel would be highly advantageous. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to achieve long-term stability with a business that retains its staff through good training, mentoring and a friendly environment.
Salary range: £18,000 - £21,000 per annum
Location: Birmingham - Smethwick
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage all incoming and outgoing financial documents including invoices, cheques and purchase orders.
- Import and record transactions on Sage with necessary adjustments.
- Liaise with the housing department to produce monthly reports.
- Allocating direct debit payments to corresponding invoices.
- Update Omni Ledger with Income data and produce monthly income for month end reporting.
- Request for supplier invoices and make sure Sage is updated on a weekly basis ahead of month End process and carry out all reconciliation required.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients.
- Supplier & bank reconciliation.
- Assist with the monthly management reporting, end of year accounts, management of all financial files and administration of the office petty cash.
- Support the efforts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all financial operations.
Skills and Qualification:
- An Accountancy/Finance or Business degree or a related field or an AAT qualification at level 4.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of Sage 50 Accounts Plus.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent Mathematical skills with a good attention to detail to resolving reconciling items.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with strong ability to execute on assigned tasks
- Commitment to professional representation of the business, equality and diversity
Important: To be considered for this role please include CV and a covering letter giving details of how you meet the role criteria.
Apply for Finance Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly