Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor
We are Coastline Housing, an independent, not-for-profit housing association owning and managing over 4,300 homes. Built on strong values of putting our customers first, transparency, striving to be the best and valuing our staff, we are dedicated to providing great homes, delivering great services and employing great people.
We are Investors in People Silver accredited, a Top 100 Best Not-for-Profit organisation to work for, and we’ve been voted number 25 in the top 50 Landlords list.
We’re now looking for a number of Customer Service Advisors to join us on a permanent basis, working part time, or on a six month fixed-term contract, working full time.
- Salary of £17,862 - £21,014 pro rata
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- High street discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Supportive and friendly environment
- Take on a rewarding and fast-paced role
As a Customer Service Advisor, you will provide a high-quality service to customers and support the delivery of our maintenance services.
In this key role, you will:
- Assist customers with their housing related queries
- Communicate with customers via the telephone and digitally, including over social media
- Strive to provide a first point resolution for customers
- Accept and process customer payments
- Perform a range of admin tasks
To join us as a Customer Service Advisor, you will need:
- Previous experience of delivering excellent customer service and dealing with customers and stakeholders across a range of access strands
- Experience of solving problems and diagnosing repair queries, recognising when health and safety risks require emergency action
- An understanding of telephony and IT applications used in a call centre environment
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- The ability to attend very occasional evening meetings and work outside office hours
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working with vulnerable people, but this isn’t essential. An understanding of the role of registered housing providers would also be an advantage, as would knowledge of right to repair legislation.
An NVQ Level 2 qualification in Customer Services would be equally favourable, as would an ECDL or similar qualification.
Other companies may call this role Customer Service Executive, Customer Support Advisor, Customer Services Rep, Customer Care Rep, Maintenance Services Advisor, Customer Care Agent or Customer Service Representative.
This role is available on a six month fixed-term contract, working 37 hours per week, or on a permanent, part time basis, working 13 hours per week.
You’ll be required to work shifts on a two week rolling rota between the hours of 8:15 – 17:15.
The closing date for applications is the 18th February 2019. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the week commencing the 25th February 2019.
Webrecruit and Coastline Housing are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Customer Service Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.