Kitchen Porter / Kitchen Assistant
Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £14,339 per annum
Job type: Full Time, Term Time Only (44 weeks in total)
Closing Date: noon Friday 8th March 2019
The School is a delightful independent standalone prep school of 430 boys and girls aged 2 ½ to 13 set in 260 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside. The tremendous grounds include a Forest School and a School Farm. The school has a proud record of feeding many of the top day and boarding schools in the South East, with a large proportion of leaving students achieving scholarships and awards.
They are now seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and professional Kitchen Porter join their busy and friendly catering team within their thriving school.
- Vegetable preparation
- To clean all kitchen and food preparation areas, including sweeping and mopping floors and other routine cleaning tasks
- To clean all kitchen equipment, including washing pots, pans and dishes and then putting clean items away
- To dispose of all rubbish in line with the catering department's requirements
- To lift and move heavy equipment safely in accordance with health and safety training
- To work within the School policies and procedures
- To care for their own and other people's health and safety
- To be aware of the confidential nature of issues
- To recognise own strengths, areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others
- The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that are commensurate to the post holder's abilities, position and grade
- The duties listed above are examples of duties at this level and other duties of a similar level/nature may be undertaken by individuals and are not excluded simply because they are not itemised
The ideal candidate will have/ be:
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good communication skills
- Professional manner and approach
- Able to cope well under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Willingness to undertake training in line with role
- Good sense of humour
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Flexible, confident and polite attitude
- Commitment to the values and ethos of the School
- Certificate of Basic Food Hygiene - desirable
Monday - 9 - 6
Tuesday - 9 - 6
Wednesday - 10 - 5
Thursday - 9 - 6
Friday - 10 - 5
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all of our staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and to register with the update service.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client's careers page.
NOTE: You will only be considered for this role if the application form is completed.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of Restaurant Chef Assistant, Catering Assistant, Food Catering, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation, Cook Assistant, Kitchen Assistant, Food Hygiene, Food Health and Safety Assistant may also be considered for this role.