4 days left

TN23 1EE, Ashford
£15,240 - £18,984 (pro-rata for part-time vacancies)
08 Feb 2019
27 Feb 2019
Contract Type
Part Time

Victims' Centre Receptionist

Compass House, Ashford

£15,240 - £18,984 (pro-rata for part-time vacancies) 

The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Kent is recruiting for a new, part time receptionist for its innovative Victims’ Centre, Compass House, in Ashford. The role is 20 hours between 9am and 4.30 pm, on weekdays, Monday to Friday. This role is a job share and you will be expected to be available to cover annual leave and sick leave when required.

Compass House is the central point for all referrals for victims of crime in Kent. Various organisations sit within Compass House to deliver a first class service to individuals who have been affected by crime in Kent. You will represent both the Kent Police & Crime Commissioner and Kent Police in this key role by acting as a first point of contact for members of the public contacting or visiting the Victims’ Centre, dealing with enquiries and directing them appropriately. You will undertake general clerical and support duties and act as the single point of contact for staff in the centre, and expected to report and resolve any issues (including health and safety) when required.

You will need to have excellent people skills, and ideally be experienced in dealing with people in crisis.  This role would suit someone who had a background in customer service, especially in a challenging environment.  You must be a good communicator, professional and patient, dealing with colleagues and all those who contact the centre, potentially in sensitive situations.  To be successful in this role, you must possess good Office, telephony and IT skills.

A knowledge of local victim services and the criminal justice system, and how it operates, would be advantageous but is not essential.  A general understanding of the data protection law is required.

This role requires a level of vetting, and is also politically restricted. 

For more information, please go to on the Commissioner’s website.


More searches like this