Cloud Infrastructure Developer
Cloud Infrastructure Developer
Plymouth, Devon (with occasional off-site travel)
£47,000 Plus Flexible Working Options
Are you a cloud engineer looking for the next stage of your development? Want to take your career to the next level with our forward-thinking, growing company? If so, we’re waiting to hear from you.
We are Rowe IT, a successful provider of software engineering, solution architecture and systems integration to the public and private sectors. We’re an exciting, progressive business that uses cutting-edge technologies and the latest Agile techniques.
Our work varies from project to project and has included big data solutions for one of the world’s largest supercomputers, working with the MoD to support tactical decision making, building DevOps pipelines to drive continuous deployment at scale and building national systems to disseminate severe environmental hazards to the public.
We’re now looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Developer to join our multi-skilled Scrum team and deliver solutions to our clients based across the UK. Although you will primarily be based out of our vibrant, modern Plymouth offices, you may also take part in some offsite work and may need to travel to visit customers.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Developer, you will be tasked with:
- Designing, developing and delivering projects
- Defining solutions for auto deployment, provisioning and scalability
- Advising on the use of PaaS and IaaS
- Assisting in the technical direction of projects
- Championing infrastructure as code philosophy
- Suggesting improvements to processes, tooling and techniques and sharing knowledge amongst the team
To be considered as a Cloud Infrastructure Developer, you will need an excellent understanding of cloud patterns and architecture and experience of the following:
- Configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Scripting with Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Terraform, or Cloud Formation
- CDN and internet networking
- Supporting development teams as a Sys Admin
Other organisations may call this role Cloud Infrastructure Developer, Cloud Engineer, Cloud Developer, Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Developer, System Developer, Cloud Programmer, Infrastructure Programmer, or Cloud Infrastructure Programmer.
But what’s in it for you? Your benefits will include:
- 7.5% pension contribution
- Performance related bonus
- Life insurance
- Private health insurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development (including conference attendance)
- High specification laptop and mobile phone
- Onsite cafe
- Pizza Fridays
- Fun days and lunches (that are also fun)
- A coffee machine (it goes everywhere we do)
Please note, some work will require that you undertake and be eligible for UK security clearance (BPSS or SC).
Rowe IT is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or choice of mobile phone.
To apply for the role of Cloud Infrastructure Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.