Registered Children’s Home Manager HREX77615
At Together Trust we believe everybody deserves an equal chance in life. There are no exceptions. We provide a wide range of support services including fostering, residential, community and family support. We also provide specialist educational support through our schools and colleges.
We have a number of specialist residential children’s homes which cater for children and young people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs. We are now looking to recruit a NEW Registered Manager to join the team at Pendlebury House in Gatley, Stockport, due to the current manager retiring after being with the Together Trust over 20 years.
Pendlebury House, is our National Autistic Society (NAS) accredited provision for young people with autism and associated needs. The home is registered for three young people, cared for by a team of skilled, experienced and passionate staff. The service is currently graded as Good with Outstanding in Leadership and management.
We empower individuals to help them make positive choices and grow strong feelings of self-worth whilst supporting them to lead full and filling life’s. Services continually evolve and develop to meet the ever changing needs of young people. Our strong philosophy and core values are integral to our work and drive staff recruitment, structures, systems, training, policy, procedure and practice.
Our philosophy and core values:-
- Person-centred provision
- Positive behaviour support
- Parity/promoting equality and valuing diversity
- Promoting excellence
We are looking for an exceptional leader with Residential Child Care Management experience who can demonstrate success at delivering outstanding childcare in children’s Home.
You will have experience of leading teams in residential childcare settings to deliver excellent outcomes for children and young people with complex needs. You will be able to effectively maintain and monitor robust recording systems in line with current Childrens Homes legislation.
In order to be considered for the role you will need to demonstrate the ability to recruit, manage, mentor and train staff to develop both key learning and core skills relating to reflective thinking, de-escalation, inter-personal skills.
You will be working alongside a team of established exceptional registered managers, where your skills and knowledge combined together will further enhance the Children’s residential sector at The Together Trust.
Qualifications, Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- NVQ level 3 in children and young people
- NVQ Level 5 in Leadership and Management
- Registered Manager’s Award (RMA Children) (combined management & care award)
- Extensive experience of working with children with challenging and emotional behaviour in a residential care setting
- 2 years managerial experience in a residential setting, including staff recruitment, supervision and development.
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of Childcare legislation, Ofsted regulations and Quality Standards and Children's Homes Regulations 2015
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of managing change
- Commercial awareness in a child centered business
- Motivation, flexibility and sense of responsibility
- A strong “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication skills and IT literacy
- Extensive support from Senior Operations Team and Team of Registered Managers
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent Training Program
- Existing dedicated staff team
- Pension, childcare vouchers, staff support service
We provide an environment that is safeguarded and as part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo and enhanced DBS check (no cost) and references will be taken.
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. As long as you meet our needs you will be offered an interview.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Registered Children’s Home Manager HREX77615
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly