Analyst, Research Analytics, Business Intelligence
Reports To: VP, Research Analytics
Viacom International Media Networks
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 165 countries and territories. Viacom's media networks, including MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, TV Land, SPIKE, Channel 5 (UK), Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA, reach a cumulative 3.2 billion television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures, America's oldest film studio, is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
The Research Analytics team is responsible for all BI research reporting outputs across Viacom's International linear and non-linear platforms (TV channels, website/apps and social media). The role of the Analytics teams is to provide stakeholders with regular analytics, data-led insights and business expertise. Using reporting tools, we manage and publish numerous weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on performance and forecasting across all major metrics that inform and guide the business. Stakeholders (brand groups, regional clusters, business lines and HQ) look to the team for analytical insights and expertise relating to performance and trends across VIMN's properties and the markets in which we operate.
In addition, the Analytics branch brings together dedicated BI operations, expertise, and support. Influencing all levels of the data flow from source through to report production, the group ensure business reporting is reliable, impartial, consistent and timely. The team is also involved in projects to build bespoke tools and dynamic dashboards to democratize research data across the business for self-service.
The analyst will be responsible for research reporting that is used across the business, handling requests and overseeing the BI research reporting systems. This will involve regular and ad-hoc requests, ensuring the data is correct, provide analysis and context to identify trends/issues and liaison with local research teams as necessary. In addition, a key part of the role is responsibility for the estimate planning process. The role is also closely involved in the development, testing and maintenance of the suite of research dashboards and works closely with the BI Operations team to ensure research data management is correct, efficient and in line with business requirements.
- Experience of providing research analytics and data, ideally in an international media business
- Knowledge and understanding of linear and non-linear metrics and the wider broadcast industry
- Knowledge of industry specific tools (e.g. TechEdge)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Understand concepts behind Business Intelligence (e.g. - data warehouses) and how information can be used to drive competitive advantage
- Technical BI skills an advantage, ideally including experience using BI reporting tools (e.g. - SAP Business Objects, Tableau)
- Have excellent attention to detail and an ability to understand and implement complex formula
- Strong communication skills
- An ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to understand, qualify and summarize information requests
- Work with Technical departments to help further improve processes and solve any BI system issues
- Effectively escalate roadblocks to management or senior colleagues in a way that facilitates their resolution
- Be able to demonstrate Viacom Core Competencies and share VIMN values (see below)
Viacom Core Competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communicates and Listens
- Builds Relationships
- Influences and Negotiates
- Takes Initiative
- Manages the Work
- Composure and Flexibility
- Acts with Integrity Thinking and Problem Solving
- Develops creative products and solutions
- Judgment and analysis
- Thinks strategically
Management and Leadership
- Communicates effectively with employees
- Creates a positive and inclusive working environment
- Defines, directs and delegates work
- Develops people through feedback and coaching
- Creative Excellence
- Passion & Optimism
- Teamwork & Transparency
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure that Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.
Closing Date: 15 February 2019