Credit Quality Assurance Manager
Credit Quality Assurance Manager
Who we are
An award-winning bank here to help Britain's go-getters.
More about us
In 2009, Aldermore set out to be the bank helping those with ideas, big and small, to realise their dreams and to seek and seize opportunity in their personal and professional lives. We call it banking for the bold. Today, we're an award winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain's small businesses through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen.
Join us if you want to find yourself at the heart of a dynamic, growing organisation where our employees are empowered to grow their expertise and build their careers.
Credit Quality Assurance Manager's in Aldermore's Risk department play a key role in ensuring we balance our growth with robust risk management and controls, supported by effective governance, policies and procedures. Whether working in Compliance; Operational Risk; Enterprise Risk; Credit Risk; Financial Crime; Retail or Business Finance Risk, everyone helps to implement and embed a risk management ethos and culture that ensures our customers are treated fairly whilst supporting our business model and strategic priorities. The challenges presented by our risk appetite while remaining agile, responsive to opportunity and change, offer all the scope you need to build a diverse and dynamic career.
As part of our Credit Risk division, the role primarily tasked with providing 2nd Line oversight and assurance that the bank is operating within its defined risk appetite.
This is achieved through leading and / or participating a combination of Continuous Monitoring and Thematic Reviews which primarily focus on assessing the quality of lending decision models / scorecards and decisions made by Credit Mandate holders within the bank, their adherence to and application of Credit Policy, and their / their delegates oversight of sound in-life credit risk management practices.
The role holder will be expected to act as an ambassador of the organisations values (REDS) - Reliable, Expert, Dynamic and Straightforward and to demonstrate behaviours at all times.
- Seasoned Credit Risk professional with substantial experience in Retail Credit risk management techniques, particularly consumer mortgages, car finance and SME asset finance, gained in a 1st line Risk capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of practices and techniques in the department, use and oversight of predictive decision models and scorecards is essential. Whilst a working knowledge of building and / or the systems employed to build them (e.g. SAS, Python), hand on experience is required in;
*Pre-implementation validation and implementation practices and controls
*The ongoing operational risks related to their use, including the refers management and oversight best practice.
*Analysis of large amounts of data, determining patterns in respect of actual versus predictive performance.
*Looking for early trends and summerizing your analysis into salient key points.
- Excellent knowledge of how credit reference agencies work and support credit risk modelling / scorecard design.
- Working knowledge of regulation pertaining to credit risk / banking, in particular the FCA's consumer credit sourcebook (CONC).
- Working knowledge of the other principal risks faced by the Bank and the interface between these Credit Risk.
- Strong communication, influencing and inter-personal skills
- Prior experience in Credit Quality Assurance or 2nd line oversight role is desirable but not essential.
- Pragmatic and able take account of the bigger picture
- Produce and presented papers to management committees
- Demonstrate a methodical and disciplined approach to delivery.
As you would expect, this opportunity offers a competitive basic salary and reward package, and you'll also benefit from our commitment to investing in your professional development.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer