Medical Underwriter Home based
Medical Underwriter - Home based
Salary Up to GBP35,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits - Bonus, 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Excellent Pension + Flexible Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Medical Underwriter to join a successful Protection team on a permanent basis.
The position is flexible on location and will be home based, there will be some occasional travel to the office based in Edinburgh.
We are looking for candidates with recent Medical and Critical Illness within an Underwriter role. My client would welcome people who are looking for Part-Time hours and can also offer flexibility around shifts and hours of work.
The main purpose of this role is ensuring customers consistently receive accurate and fair underwriting decisions with market leading customer service; the successful candidate will manage their own case pipeline from beginning to end, making accurate decisions whilst balancing cost & risk that drives on improving customer outcomes and experience.
- Supporting the Group Customer Service strategy in ensuring robust and accurate Underwriting decisions are appropriate to the commercial risk and within personal Underwriting authority levels
- Supporting the delivery of the wider customer agenda, ensuring the experiences and outcomes to customers are at the heart of all decisions taken
- Acting as a technical point of reference, providing underwriting guidance both internally and externally.
- Supporting key stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with key partners. Providing support and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Adhering to the Group quality assurance model, ensuring that consistency of approach to underwriting and quality assurance drives quality results protecting the company's risk exposure.
- Ensuring that the minimum requirements with respect to conduct risk are understood and met.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- A proven track record of underwriting skills
- Sound Knowledge and recent experience of the Medical/Protection Market
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work in an open phone environment
- Ability to research, analyse and interpret complex information
- Sound understanding of medical terminology and the ability to interpret medical information
- Established relationship and influencing skills
- Absolute passion for customer satisfaction / delivery and understanding of the drivers of customer delight/dissatisfaction
- Highly analytical with high energy and motivation
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact