Chemist / Materials Chemist - South East
Chemist / Materials Chemist 25-30k Prorata
South East ABJ4053
Long term contract until Dec 2019
Up to GBP18.91 limited company Rate
As a Chemist or Materials Scientist, Materials Chemist or Formulation scientist with a background in product development or formation or analysis you will support new product development / formulation work and provide technical support and advice to colleagues and customers.
This is a newly created role to support an expanding part of our client's organisation and will focus on new product development, testing, qualification and selection of materials for future innovations from conception to market.
- Preparation of formulations
- Planning, execution and reporting of formulation characterisation and testing
- Stock management of raw materials prototypes
- Product specification preparation
- Engagement and coordination with enabling functions and external laboratories where applicable
- Support capability build projects where applicable
- To be responsible for the provision of formulations and aid in the scaling up of new products.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry, Materials Chemistry or Materials Science
- Able to work to good laboratory practice & familiar with common laboratory safety procedures.
- Problem solving skills
- Experience in product development and/or formulation development (preferred)
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage own workload and work to deadlines.
- Excellent team working skills and strong communication skills.
- Able to train and coach more junior colleague as required.
- Quality conscious and methodical approach to work, with excellent attention to detail.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ4053 on