Leisure Assistant / Lifeguard / Health Club Attendant
Job Title: Health Club Part-Time Casual Leisure Assistants (Life Guards)
Location: London, SW15
Salary: £9 - £10 per hour
Job Type: Part Time, Unspecified hours per week must be available to work weekday and weekend shifts
The Club is London's premier private members multisport club, offering a wide range of sports including golf, tennis, Health Club, squash and a full catering provision, delivered to the highest standards. They also offer Members and their Guests a programme of social events, sports competitions and coaching. Significant investment is being made to enhance the standards across the club with the goal of achieving excellence in all areas. They currently have 5100 members (3700 adults and 1400 juniors).
The Health Club is looking for lifeguards to work an unspecified amount of hours per week, working various shifts to include weekdays, weekends and bank holidays. They will consider term time only working.
The position of a Leisure Assistant is an area where they have the opportunity to deliver great service and as such the individual in this position must be professional at all times; have limitless enthusiasm; be flexible; willing to embrace change and challenges; and have a commitment to deliver excellent service to the membership.
This person will take pride in their place of work and always look at how the delivery of that service to members can be improved within that environment. They will assist in the efficient and effective daily running of the facility.
- Deliver a friendly welcome for all members and their guests upon entering the Health Club
- Ensure the procedure for the entry of members and their guests is carried out in a professional, efficient and courteous manner and log every member and guest in the correct way
- Deal with enquires and take bookings and payments from members in person or over the phone
- Assist all members who have queries complaints or require information, in a polite, friendly and helpful manner
- Lifeguard the pool/s when required to do so, or when asked by the Health Club Manager or Duty Manager on shift
- Assist and supervise members and their guests in their use of the facilities, ensuring their safety and wellbeing at all times
- Ensure members, guests and staff, observe club rules and enforce them where necessary
- Follow all other procedures that may be arranged so that the facility operates in a safe and functionally efficient manner
- Ensure daily checklist and emergency reference file forms are filled out in a timely manner
- Carry out and record water quality tests to monitor bathing conditions and to report to Duty Manager when these do not fall within set parameters
- Monitor the delivery and collection of clean and used towels, in relation to the stock audit
- Monitor retail stock levels twice daily
- Maintain NPLQ qualification and attend and record monthly training sessions
- Ensure all cashing ups are correct - shortfalls should be answered for
- Set up and dismantle equipment as determined by the programme, in a proper and safe manner
- Carry out regular routine inspections of pool area in order to ensure satisfactory operation and maintenance of safety standards
- Administer first aid where suitably qualified, in accordance with Company procedures
- Participate in the organisation, supervision and promotion of activities, achieving maximum usage levels for all sessions
- Assist members with regard to lost property, use of equipment and provide general information regarding the facility
While full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Must Be NPLQ Qualified
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Experience of Life Guarding ideally in a similar environment
- Experience in using booking management software is desirable but not essential
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Excellent customer care skills including respecting internal and external customers
- Good knowledge of database and cashing up management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Smart appearance
- Strong team player and good communicator
- Excellent timekeeping
In return the offers a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, uniform, meals whilst on duty, use of facilities and generous pension scheme after a qualifying period.
The above job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out tasks as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Leisure Attendant, Life Guard, Pool Supervisor, Pool Attendant, Health Club Assistant, Pool Assistant, Leisure Club Assistant, Pool Assistant may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Leisure Assistant / Lifeguard / Health Club Attendant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly