Regional Sales Engineer - North London / West London / Berkshire
Regional Sales Engineer covering North London / West London & Berkshire.
- Basic salary of circa £40,000
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- London weighting
- Company Car
- Other large company benefits
A rare opportunity exists for an experienced Sales Engineer to join a leading supplier of solutions and services for electrical installations in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years field sales experience, be competent in using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and live within the North London, West London or Berkshire area.
About the role of Sales Engineer:
- Primary contact for all supporting distributors on the area.
- Develop professional and respectful relationships with all key distributor personnel.
- Stock profiling and management of stock at all supporting distributors.
- Stock returns and cleanses are handled in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Non-stocking distributors are to be targeted utilising internal sales to identify potential new stockists.
- New product lines are effectively sold into stockists.
- Product awareness (training) to basic/intermediate level for distributor staff.
- Organise contractor training events, facilitated by the distributor, especially when new products are launched or regulations change.
- Attend any industry events/trade shows as required and relevant to the area.
- Provide the relevant Key Account Manager with targeted project leads from medium and large contractors.
- Development of clear and specific business plans for key distributors that involve the Key Account Manager.
- Effectively manage house builder contractors and ensure spec compliance by visiting sites where applicable.
- Identify opportunities to maximise sales on non-spec projects.
Planning, Organisation and Company Values:
- Ensure efficient and effective use of available selling time.
- Through regular monitoring and call planning, maintain an efficient and effective calling pattern on the distributor base.
- Maintain accurate customer records together with current market and competitor information.
- Daily use of CRM system.
- Submit all reports and information requests.
- Both local net, profile and day-to-day pricing carefully managed to maximise profitability.
- Ensure the representation and display of the company’s core values at all times.
- Ensure that the area action plan reflects and supports the achievement of the regional objectives.
- Ensure that the area Cost Centre (Motoring, Operating and Entertaining) is managed effectively.
- Provide all written communication to customers in a professional manner.
- Ensure all Company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.