IT Service Centre Administrator
IT Service Centre Administrator Vacancy
£23,625 per annum, 37 hours per week – (12 months fixed term)
Sport Wales is the national organisation responsible for developing and promoting sport and physical activity in Wales. We are the main adviser on sporting matters to the Welsh Government and are responsible for distributing National Lottery funds. We aim to not only improve the level of sports participation at grassroots level but also provide our aspiring athletes with the support required to compete successfully on the world stage.
12 months fixed term contract - £23,625
- Responsible for the day to day operation of Sport Wales’ IT Service Centre to meet agreed service levels.
- Co-ordinate IT Service Centre support on a daily basis and provide high quality first and second line technical support to computer users.
- The supervision and development of the IT Service Centre First Line Support Technician.
- Support the IT Network Administrator on such areas as maintenance, security, operations and the management of computer systems.
- Be aware of the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) and help to ensure systems and data are secure.
- Produce statistics each month on IT Service Centre issues against Service Level Agreements.
- Installation of computer hardware, software and data communications where required.
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Creation of appropriate end user and internal documentation to cover processes, administration and infrastructure.
- To provide support to end users during the hours of 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday as required.
- HNC or equivalent experience in a computer related discipline
- Experience of supervising others
- Microsoft Application Specialist (MCAS) in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Experience of working in a Service Centre environment
- Experience in configuring and administering Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Experienced in Information Security and Data Protection measures
- Experience of working with Sharepoint online
- Good time management, prioritisation skills and ability to work under pressure
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to use initiative
- Excellent telephone manner
This post is based at the Sport Wales National Centre, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff.
Benefits include final salary pension scheme, free use of facilities, discounted restaurant and onsite parking.
For further information please visit our website.
Closing date: 19th February 2019 at 12 noon
Interview date for shortlisted candidates: w/c 25th February 2019
Please note that due to our practice of anonymous shortlisting, we do not accept CVs.
Visit our website to apply.
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.