Event Project Manager (ISO Week) - 3 year FTC
Event Project Manager (ISO Week) - Three Year FTC
We’re BSI, the business standards company that helps organizations all over the world make excellence a habit. For more than a century, we’ve been showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth.
We’re now looking for an Event Project Manager to join our team for a three year fixed term contract which will be on an initial part time basis, moving to full time for the latter part of the contract.
- Salary of up to £40,000 per annum pro rata (depending on experience)
- Excellent company-contributed pension scheme
- A wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
- 27 days’ annual leave (with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days)
This is a rare opportunity for an events manager with significant experience with large scale events and project management skills to take the reins of an incredible international series of events and showcase the best that the UK has to offer.
Joining our highly successful organisation, you will discover that we are the original national standards body and founders of our industry. As such, when we host the ISO annual event, it is our chance to show our community that BSI is the world-leader and still operates at the forefront of the sector after more than 100 years in operation.
What’s more, as the working pattern for 2019 is flexible, it’s the perfect chance for a freelancer or part-time professional to gear up for a full time role and get into full time work for 2020.
As the Event Project Manager, you will be tasked with overseeing the logistics for the 2021 ISO Week, a global event for the 162 national standards bodies which make up the ISO.
BSI will be hosting this prestigious series of events, held over the course of a week in 2021, and expects around 700 senior leaders from the global standards community to attend, representing industry, governments, academia and societal groups.
Your role will include:
- Acting as the primary contact and liaison between all parties involved
- Selecting and managing an agency to act as professional conference organiser
- Developing the overall design brief for the week
- Managing the budget
- Securing sponsorship for the event
- Completing event risk assessment and progress reporting
- Searching and selecting venues
- Managing visitor logistics
- Procuring all external services including event websites, marketing materials, catering and AV requirements
- Managing the programme of evening events and day trips
To be considered as an Event Project Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ large scale event management experience
- Project management experience
- Budget control and reporting experience
- Risk assessment and mitigation experience
- Sponsorship proposal development and sponsor management experience
Other organisations may call this role Event Project Manager, Major Events Manager, Event Manager, Event Programme Manager, Exhibition Project Manager, Senior Event Manager, or International Events Manager.
Webrecruit and BSI are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for an amazing opportunity as an Events Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.