Workshop Foreman / Motor Fitter / LGV Vehicle Technician
Job Title: Workshop Fitter
Location: St Albans
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing Date: 5th March 2019
The Company, a family owned businesses who have been in the recycling industry for over 100 years, are currently looking for an experienced heavy plant fitter to work on Loading Shovels, Fork Lift Trucks, 360 excavators, Cherry pickers, Moffets or equivalent. They operate various makes and models such as CAT, Liebherr, Lindie etc. so practical experience with these makes is desirable.
You must be able to carry out planned maintenance and breakdown repairs on the Mobile plant operating at the St Albans location. A background within recycling, waste, construction, demolition or quarrying industry would be particularly appropriate and this role will suit an "all-rounder" with a flexible attitude and proactive working style.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and repair Manual Handling Equipment (MHE) and fixed plant equipment at the site in St Albans.
- Maintaining all plant, servicing inspections, breakdowns and repairs.
- Ensure servicing schedules are followed in accordance with the Manufacturers specifications.
- Inspect and service all vehicles, plant and equipment in line with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) minimum standards.
- Carry out Plant safety inspections in line with group fleet policy.
- Maintain, prepare and present vehicles for annual LOLOR testing.
- Conduct daily duties in a safe working manner whilst adhering to (QHSE) obligations under the Health & Safety at work ACT 1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in the work place.
- Report any unsafe acts, hazards, defective equipment to your safety advisor and maintain a safe working environment at all times.
Key Skills & Experience:
- City &Guilds Level 3 in mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering qualifications
- Major component overhaul skills (Engine, Gearbox, Braking systems)
- Specialist skills (Pneumatic Welding, Hydraulics, Electrical systems)
- Possess personal basic engineering tool kit (Spanners, sockets, screwdrivers etc.)
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Must have a flexible approach
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Electrical experience
- Welder / Fabricator
- Good Communicator
- Follow both written and verbal instruction
- Computer literate
- Experience dealing with operational Staff.
- Experience in maintaining waste handling equipment
- Operational experience within a Processing/Recycling or Waste Facility.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job title of; Service Technician, Welder, Mechanical Maintenance Technician, Fitter, Fabricator, Electrical Engineer, Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Technician, Repair Technician, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Installation Engineer, Repairs Engineer, Heavy Plant Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Workshop Foreman / Motor Fitter / LGV Vehicle Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly